Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Health Insurance

In the early days we had catastrophic coverage. Now just DAN. General health care costs very low in ASIA, so we go out of pocket for our care, not too much as we are still healthy. Anything serious and we will go back to NZ.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-14-2012

Aces is on a distinguished road

I have a health insurance which has great deals. It covers everything and the good thing is it has a policy that I can add my siblings as a beneficiary in my health insurance.
Old 10-01-2012

mbjjohnson is on a distinguished road

Medical Insurance for Blue water cruiser. We are an Australian couple making preparation for extended cruising to Indonesia from Fremantle Western Australia. We plan to take part in Sail Indonesia 2013 from Darwin to Kupang then sailing thru indonesia , finishing up in Thailand by December 2013.
Any information on taking out Medical/Health Insurance for cruising and any info on yacht Blue Water Insurance needed. Thanks
Old 01-13-2013

Ravenhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAdventure View Post
I don't know if I'll have any luck resurrecting a thread this old, but the question of the OP is still interesting to me.

I'm getting closer to taking a year off from work.

What are good options for health insurance? I'm in good health so am mainly interested in some sort of high deductible plan.
Hi Epic:

Im a new yorker....To date there are new laws that allows an individual to obtain health insurance at a low cost. One that i can think of is "HEALTH PLUS". Besides, base on your income, and if there is none-the Dept of Social Service can help. Your Boat is your abode and can not interfere in any decision made....Try to obtain a post office box for mailing. You are an American and you have worked and paid taxes in the past and you are entitle for health insurace.....Please remember that Pres. Obama passed a law and that is something. many people outcast him, but, this health insurance Law that has been granted is a good thing for all...KEEP YOUR HOPES UP MATE...
GOOD SAILING.....
Old 01-13-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

" You are an American ... and you are entitle for health insurace....."

Raven, you must be in an alternate reality. There's no such "entitlement" in US law in this one. And what is available, at what cost, last year, this year, or next year, may all be radically different as the laws change.

Most of the lower-cost plans that are available are HMO-type plans. If you are not in the physical coverage area around your residence? You're out of network, and that can mean out of coverage including out of emergency hospital care.

Obama passed a law? No, actually, Congress passes laws, the President can only sign them after the fact. And Obamacare ain't quite here yet.