Where to get maintenance items for Yanmar - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 11-21-2016 Thread Starter

Where to get maintenance items for Yanmar

Does anyone know any good discounters that sell yanmar fuel and oil filters?

What is a good price for these items (4JH3E)?

Thanks,

Newt
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-21-2016

Re: Where to get maintenance items for Yanmar

Just about ANY automotive supply (NAPA, etc.) that caters to 'mechanics', will be able to sell you top-quality engine mounted fuel filters and engine lube oil filters. This is easily 'cross-matched' by these suppliers. Since 'automotive' supply is their domain, marine engine filters probably will probably need to be 'special ordered' from their master-distributor.

The 'Wix' (private labels for NAPA and other supply brands) lube oil filter is ... 51358
Ditto the engine mounted fuel filter *** is ... 33390

*** a spin-on fuel filter
Height: 3.194
Outer Diameter Top: 3.234
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed:
Thread Size: 20X1.5 MM
Burst Pressure-PSI: 370
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 10
post #3 of 14 Old 11-21-2016
Catalina 400 MKII

I need a new impeller cover plate for my Yanmar 4JH3E. Where would I look for that?

Thanks,

Scotty

post #4 of 14 Old 11-21-2016

An impeller cover is probably not a generic part so it will have to be ordered through a Yanmar dealer. It, however, is probably a common Yanmar part so it could be procured through any of the Yanmar outlets including agricultural, industrial, and marine applications.
post #5 of 14 Old 11-22-2016

I've used both TOAD Marine Supply and Marine Parts Express online. The latter is better for Volvo, but sometimes has better Yanmar prices (I have both motors). I do not believe either have schematics for Yanmar, so you have to know the part number. Both have 800 numbers to help. TOAD has online chat during business hours too.

Sailboat Supplies, Engine Parts and Boat Parts

Volvo Penta, Mercruiser and more - Marine Parts Express - engines, outdrives, propellers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #6 of 14 Old 11-22-2016

Scotty, Here in California I've only been able to get the pump covers from an authorized dealer, who all seem to get their parts from Boatswain's Supply (who also supplied the engines for most Catalina's made here), I'll post a link to their page of dealers in the state. I've dealt with a couple and they all seem to get them from Bosun's.
http://www.boatswainslocker.com/cont...ges/dealer.htm
I'm close enough that I usually go straight to Boatswain's, I've found that on small parts sometimes the dealers will want to charge "shipping" ( from Boatswain's to them) that doubles the cost. Advance in Costa Mesa, was pretty good about sending parts by mail.

"Just call me TB"

Last edited by capttb; 11-22-2016 at 11:21 AM.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-22-2016

Shipping costs are a good point. Most have a min order for free shipping. I stock up on filters and consumables to get there. There is no point to paying shipping, if I can get a filter, impeller, etc, I will use eventually.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #8 of 14 Old 11-24-2016

We found for authorized Yanmar parts you have to use the local authorized dealer. We had a great company in Miami and when in Deltaville getting some upgrades done we tried to order some parts from them and they told us they could not as had to use local dealers.
But once outside USA they will ship us parts - no issues.

As for filters - we have been using auto filters if we can not find Yanmar filters and in some countries that is not possible -

Just our thoughts and opinion
Chuck, Patty and SVSoulMates
In the Black Sea
post #9 of 14 Old 11-24-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck5499 View Post
We found for authorized Yanmar parts you have to use the local authorized dealer....
Perhaps their over the counter dealer franchise agreements have contractual limits that the online stores do not. Of the two I mentioned, Marine Parts Express is in Maine and I think TOAD (Torresen Marine) is in Michigan. Both ship nationwide.

I actually like to use local suppliers, when I can. Too often I find they are ordering the part, just like me. In one case, from the exact same source. Unless it's an emergency, I generally stock up on all my wearable and project related parts over the winter. Especially when provoked with a sale or free shipping offer.

Jeanneau 54DS

post #10 of 14 Old 11-24-2016

Not a discounter but you'll know it will be the correct oem part(s) for your engine..

http://mackboring.com/wp-content/upl...16-OB-KITS.pdf

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.