SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Seattle Area Bottom Paint

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Guesser 
#1 ·
Just purchased a boat in San Diego and am trucking it up to Seattle Area. Plan on putting on some bottom paint, it currently has Proline Epoxy. Any locals with recomendations? Plan is to keep it in salt water, can't find a lake union or lake washington slip.

#3 · (Edited)
Try the South Park Marina. It's on the Duwamish river, off Elliot Bay, just south of downtown Seattle, (access is easy, and there are no locks to traverse). They have some of the lowest rates in the area and can provide just about any service you might need. Slips go for $7.00 per foot (I pay $11.00 on lake Union) Lots of sailboats on the hard, with lots of locals to help with questions etc. As with all local boatyards, they do the initial pressure washing for you.

South Park Marina

#4 · (Edited)
I should also give a shout out to CSR Marine, as I did my haul out there last year. They were great to work with, a little more costly, but super nice guys, (they gave me a great hat when I left). They're just inside the locks (freshwater), but they're just a boatyard, not a marina. My profile page has a few pictures of my last paint job if you're interested.

I used an Interlux product called "Fiberglass BottomKote with Ingarol" It went on really easy and is supposed to be a pretty good slim and algae reducer (so far so good). It's a seasonal paint, which means two years to me, but it was only like $30 a quart. I probably didn't need the Ingarol, but I'm never sure when I'll move out to the saltwater, so I thought I should be prepared.

CSR Marine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.