liveaboard marinas in the NYC area - Page 3 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 21 Old 02-11-2008 Thread Starter

All,
Thanks for the updated information. A little update from me is that I didn't pull the trigger and I rent in Jersey City now. Let's just say OUCH! I could have financed quite the boat for what I am paying in rent. However, I did the right thing because I am being transferred to CA. Had I bought the boat, I'd probably be in a mess. The job pays the bills, so I gotta' go. It is expected that I'll be back in the NYC area in about 12 to 14 months. Hopefully then I will have the guts to finally buy the boat I want. If it wasn't for this stupid job....

Jake,
These later posts will tell you about all I know. The only additional information I found was that some marinas kinda wanted to get to know you before you live aboard. From what I gather, they just want to run a good business and keep their clients happy. A cheap, troublesome or trashy tennant can become a big deal for them. If you are paying top $$$ for a slip, you don't want to wake up on Saturday with some derelict boat 'next door' and some bum hanging his panties out to dry on the boom. Makes sense to me, unless I'm the bum!

Good luck and keep us posted!
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.