SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Living Aboard (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/)
-   -   Marina information (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/3456-marina-information.html)

lecarp 02-27-2002 06:20 PM

Marina information

Does anyone have information on marinas in New Orleans with liveaboard slips.Thanks...Lee

sailgalval 02-28-2002 07:24 AM

Marina information

I''m not sure about New Orleans, I do know that there is usually a waiting list. Mandeville and Madisonville on the lake have plenty of liveaboard slips at very reasonable rates. There are many small marinas in Mandeville whose names escape me right now. If you are in the area, the best thing to do is to look around. If not, look up Lake Ponchatrain sailing on the web and you will find a couple of links to area marinas. If you need further info let me know and I will collect some names for you.

lecarp 03-11-2002 09:50 AM

Marina information

sailgalvalThanks, I am not in the area. I am considering moving that way. I am in the florida panhandle which is becoming very much against liveaboards and very expensive.So any info is helpful.Lee

Tantalus2k 03-18-2002 03:37 PM

Marina information

Hi folks!
Does anyone have any info on marinas in the Chesapeake which allow liveaboards? Especially in the Baltimore and Annapolis areas.

Thank you for any input.

Paul

SailorMitch 03-19-2002 07:32 AM

Marina information

Many marinas in the Baltimore-Annapolis area permit liveaboards. It comes down to where exactly you want to be, and how much money you want to spend. For example, White Rocks Marina where I keep my boat (I''m not a liveaboard YET)costs about 1/3 to 1/4 what a marina in the heart of Annapolis will charge (meaning about $1200 a year vs. $3-4,000+ a year in Annapolis.) White Rocks is in Pasadena, MD, about 30 minutes from Annapolis, and right off the Patapsco River. Very close to the Chesapeake. White Rocks phone number is 410-255-3800.

Tantalus2k 03-20-2002 12:35 AM

Marina information

Thank you very much for that info, I really appreciate it. I looked it up on the web and it looks like a nice marina

Paul

piclarke 04-12-2002 03:45 PM

Marina information

Hello,
A good site for marina information world wide I know off is,
www.noonsite.com

Best of luck.
Phil.

ahaywood 04-15-2002 05:55 AM

Marina information

Hi,
I''m looking for an affordable marina in the Boca Raton - Delray beach area that will accept liveaboards. Thinking of moving to FL - and taking the plunge. Any suggetions?
Thanks.
alex

jwewing 04-17-2002 08:39 AM

Marina information

"Boca Raton" and "affordable" should never be used together in the same sentence.

That area is pretty sparse on marinas of any kind.

In Delray check out the Municipal Marina in the downtown area and what used to be called Henry''s 8th St Marina a mile north. I think it has a new name but I don''t know what it is. A guidebook or website may be able to help you with more.

Jim