SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Living Aboard (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/)
-   -   Ready, set, JUMP! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/35841-ready-set-jump.html)

Shack 08-07-2007 05:43 AM

Ready, set, JUMP!

My wife and I are finally set to jump onto a full time live-aboard! Pending the survey, we'll move aboard in November.

We're both really excited, and we have just enough anxiety to make it interesting.

Sailnet has been a gold mine of information, wisdom, and opinions that had a big part in getting us here. Few if any boat decisions were made without referencing people's input on this site. We owe a big thanks to the Sailnet community.

Here's to hoping my face still looks like this :D by this time next year!!

Thanks,
Shack

eryka 08-07-2007 06:04 AM

Congrats! It's a great adventure!

Sold the house 5 years ago, now we spend every day doing what other people pay money to do 1-2 weeks per year on vacation.:cool:

Welcome aboard! Will you be cruising locally, long-distance, living in a marina? (Presumably, that is, after you return from Iraq?)

sailingdog 08-07-2007 08:00 AM

Congrats Shack, and look forward to hearing about your travels and travails as a full-time cruiser. :D

USCGRET1990 08-07-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shack (Post 176354)
My wife and I are finally set to jump onto a full time live-aboard! Pending the survey, we'll move aboard in November.

We're both really excited, and we have just enough anxiety to make it interesting.

Sailnet has been a gold mine of information, wisdom, and opinions that had a big part in getting us here. Few if any boat decisions were made without referencing people's input on this site. We owe a big thanks to the Sailnet community.

Here's to hoping my face still looks like this :D by this time next year!!

Thanks,
Shack

Don't forget the laptop so as to keep us informed on how much fun yer haven...!

Shack 08-07-2007 03:45 PM

Looking for water!!

I get back in Sept and have orders to DC in Nov. So, by that time we'll be living in a Marina on work days, and hopefully cruising locally on the weekends and on National Holidays :D

My awesome wife has done most of the work on this so far. God bless her! She's done the boat shopping from NC, done the talking and contracting. Now we have a sale pending in MD, and she's packing up the house in NC, too. By the time I get home the house will be empty and we'll be living in a friend's house until 1 Nov. ... and I'll be cheap date for a couple weeks ;)

It's amazing what one motivated wife can do with a power of attorney. (LOL!) Gee! Do you think she'll hold any of this over my head? I'll guess I'll just have to work the lines while she yells at me from the cockpit for a while :D "Aye Aye, Ma'am!"

Cruisingdad 08-07-2007 03:54 PM

Be veryyyyyy careful as a liveabord in the Maryland/DC area. THere is someone else I know there. I think they have a yellow boat. Very dangerous couple (smile).

- CD

PS Congrats!!!

eryka 08-07-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruisingdad (Post 176555)
Be veryyyyyy careful as a liveabord in the Maryland/DC area. THere is someone else I know there. I think they have a yellow boat. Very dangerous couple (smile).

- CD

PS Congrats!!!

C'mon, CD, we're only dangerous on days that end in "-y.":rolleyes:

Hey Shack, are you looking at marinas on the Chesapeake or up the Potomac? (we're in Annapolis - we claim its because of Dan's teaching at the Naval Academy, but the real truth is its because the sailing's better - 10 minutes and you're on the Bay)

sailingdog 08-07-2007 05:04 PM

Everyone knows that Eryka's bark is far worse than her bite..... It's her husband that you have to worry about. ;)

eryka 08-07-2007 05:17 PM

BARK?!! SailingDOG?!! There's a pun in there somewhere.
But me? I just 'chirp' ;)

sailingdog 08-07-2007 05:25 PM

Rats... I was hoping you'd miss my post... ;)