Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyansol View Post
I AM HERE SUSAN...
MY ENGLISH ISN'T SO GOOD BUT I WILL TRYING TO SAY FOR YOU GUYS HOW WRONG YOU ARE...
MENS... WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT WOMEN IS TERRIBLE. THEY DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT... LOOKS LIKE... I HAD LIVE IN SAIL BOAT FOR 2 YEARS, WITH STORMS AND xxxx WEDDER AND STILL COOK, AND CARE ABOUT MANY THINGS. I LOVE SHOES, WHAT THE PROBLEM, I LOVE HAVE NICE CLOUDS... SMELL GOOD... BUT NEVER MY PARTNER HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME WHEN THE SITUATION IS NEED I AM THERE 100%. YOU GAYS NEED TO LEARNING A LOT ABOUT US. WE ARE AMAZING... WE CAN DO MANY THINGS AND STILL BE THERE BEAUTIFUL FOR YOU IN THE END...
Susan, I couldn't have said it better myself, even if I tried!
Brenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2008

JB2 is on a distinguished road
AAaaaarrrggghhh!!!!! I must be trippin' over me Lucky Stars! The Lady aboard Dulcinea, our beloved Caliber 47LRC, after cruising for 9 years in the Bahamas and Eastern Caribbean remains a full partner in the deal, in every way imaginable! Mebbe this ain't the way it's sposed to be, but Gol Dernit, that's how its been!

Now's the time, though, to turn to other thangs, and sadly, Dulcinea is on the market. So some of you hard core salts will castigate me endlessly for putting a 33 GPD watermaker, (God forbid!) a washer dryer, actually workable refirgeration and so forth, aboard this beautiful ship. Yes it cost too much to put on, and yes it's a pain to maintain, but the bliss, the bliss!, of having a truly contented Admiral aboard has far out weighed the cost and hassle.

It has been a magnificent 9 years of awesome cruising as a couple, and yes, if I was alone, I could have been like the hundreds of poor male folks aimlessly wandering around the Caribbean longing for a cold beer, a hot shower, and a little ladylike comfort. But I chose a different route!

AAaaaarrggghhhh....tie for more rum and more ruminating!
Old 06-29-2008

yawler is on a distinguished road
This is funny. I've read so many threads written by men who can't understand why they can't find a woman who will join them in their pursuit of living the life on board. They think there are so few and the ones that have said woman are so lucky (and they are). There is a reason they have lucked out....
Old 06-29-2008

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB2 View Post
if I was alone, I could have been like the hundreds of poor male folks aimlessly wandering around the Caribbean longing for a cold beer, a hot shower, and a little ladylike comfort.
That's one way to describe it I guess ..

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-04-2008

Harryeod is on a distinguished road
Red face

I see this is old but ongoing thread so I decided to post a reply.

Several years ago I divorced wife #2 and came to the realization the married life and me,...not so good. So I sold house #2, bought a small but comfortable boat and moved aboard. After a year or so I met a women, we hit it off and became boyfriend and girlfriend. The bad part is, is she is not a boat person and has a couple young kids. I let it be known that I was not in the market to be parent again but if she wants to hang out and have fun, that would be great. I even told here about my list of important things in life, God, Country, My Son, my boat, and her. She accepted this list and the fact that the boat comes first.

The problem is that my boat is only big enough for me and my junk and only one settee is open for a bed. Is travel quite a bit for my job but I make it home for a couple of weeks at a time every 2-3 months. The girlfriend almost always takes a week or so off work to spend time with me and since my boat is to small for the both of us, I have to get a hotel room, this gets expensive and it takes away from the boat fund.

There really is no point to this post, I'm just whining. I really like the girlfriend but I am not giving up my boat and I am not giving up living on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My son, the Marine!

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
John Adams
Old 07-04-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Harry-

Quit whining and get a bigger boat or get a storage locker near the maina and put some of your stuff there.

Or use cheaper hotels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryeod View Post
I see this is old but ongoing thread so I decided to post a reply.

Several years ago I divorced wife #2 and came to the realization the married life and me,...not so good. So I sold house #2, bought a small but comfortable boat and moved aboard. After a year or so I met a women, we hit it off and became boyfriend and girlfriend. The bad part is, is she is not a boat person and has a couple young kids. I let it be known that I was not in the market to be parent again but if she wants to hang out and have fun, that would be great. I even told here about my list of important things in life, God, Country, My Son, my boat, and her. She accepted this list and the fact that the boat comes first.

The problem is that my boat is only big enough for me and my junk and only one settee is open for a bed. Is travel quite a bit for my job but I make it home for a couple of weeks at a time every 2-3 months. The girlfriend almost always takes a week or so off work to spend time with me and since my boat is to small for the both of us, I have to get a hotel room, this gets expensive and it takes away from the boat fund.

There really is no point to this post, I'm just whining. I really like the girlfriend but I am not giving up my boat and I am not giving up living on it.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

óCpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

StillóDON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-04-2008

Harryeod is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Harry-

Quit whining and get a bigger boat or get a storage locker near the maina and put some of your stuff there.

Or use cheaper hotels.

Or option 3, find a new girlfriend with a bigger boat!

My son, the Marine!

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
John Adams
Old 07-04-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
When they look this Phoofy they can have as many pairs of shoes as they want on-board....Heck for that matter washer...dryer..whirpool bath for all I care..
Attached Thumbnails
Phoofy Ladies-bikini-1.jpg  
Old 07-18-2008

firstmaterobin is on a distinguished road
What a stereotype! I am a totally non-phoofy woman, thank you very much. I can shower with the garden hose at the boat slip or even take my bath in the ocean - doesn't bother me a bit. My only shoes are flip-flops and the only clothes I bring when I stay with my liveaboard boyfriend on his boat are a bathing suit, a pair of shorts and a tank top. No makeup, no hair appliances, no worries! I love the simplicity of living aboard a boat! We just bought a 40 foot ketch together and I am looking forward to lots of non-phoofy time aboard.
Old 07-18-2008
A little less cheek

ianhlnd will become famous soon enough ianhlnd will become famous soon enough
Response from an "OLD GUY"

BS!

No wonder you're batch'in it, with that kind of attitude you'll probably only attract another guy just like you. Hmmmm.

Bed with a tarp? No, no, no! satin sheets, better for the tropics, a large aft cabin with a queen size bed that sleeps 3, and lots and lots of storage space. A nice blender for pina coladas, and fresh roasted coffee beans to be gound for espresso. THAT'S CRUIS'IN !

Jeesshhhh, you young-uns don't have a clue!

Last edited by ianhlnd; 07-18-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.