Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
SH—

Happened when you were taking your crazy pills...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-01-2007
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Or he's added fiber to his diet.
Old 11-01-2007

timebandit is on a distinguished road
Here is a little secret.
Don't tell anyone.
Liveaboards sail their asses off.
Just throw the knife holder in the sink and stow the coffee pot while the motor warms up, shed the lines and off you go.
It's those little two hour sails that wash the blues away.
That's what makes it worth it.
Keeps the boat in great shape too.
Old 11-01-2007

sailhog has a spectacular aura about sailhog has a spectacular aura about
SD,
Thanks for the feedback, Cap. This is a little off-topic, but I've got a get-rich-quick scheme going, and I thought I'd get your opinion: Silkscreen t-shirt that says "Retarded People Rule!" I like the message and I think it'll be a big seller. It sorta says, All you smart people suck, you think you're so smart, but you really suck, you big stupid dummies with all your smart stuff going on in your heads and stuff.
Old 11-01-2007

cockeyedbob is on a distinguished road
uh ... buy one, get a free pie?
Old 11-01-2007

Bob,
How are ya? I've got a real Jack-and-the-Beanstalk thing going on in my backyard. But nobody likes the pies. Word has it that they taste, smell and look too much like what made them so huge. With enough whipped cream, however, the taste can be overcome. You have my word on it!
Old 11-01-2007

cockeyedbob is on a distinguished road
aw, not bad ...

Stood up under a clamp, split noggin, dropped gun which triggered and spewed 'bout 6' of wire 'round Bob's leg before grounding and settin' Bob's pants alight which caused autistic 5 y/o kid next door to learn a new word in Bob's native tongue so now he screamed f*** f*** f*** most of the mornin' which displeased his christian custodians ... so maybe Bob sendum nice pie or two and smooth things over ... beat out fire and kept workin' but got grinding dust in wound so went inside to repair noggin and got sidetracked and hauled garbage can through house to the front for pickup which dripped nasty rusty cat poopie rainwater all over the carpet ... by then it was 10 o'clock ... all in all, a normal day, how 'bout you?

denise ... there are reasons for leaving and incentives for leaving ... always wondered, does being unconcious count as sleep?

Last edited by cockeyedbob; 11-01-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2007

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
I'm keeping some trees with squirrels so there will always be a "home" in my heart that I think fondly on.

Please support my
Old 11-01-2007

Bob,
Holy smokes... my day has gone better than yours, although it sounds like you've got matters under control. I might want to add some of that cat dung to the pumpkin patch, as the pies have been coming out with a bit of a Tex-Mex taste to them. Not good in a pumpkin pie.

I think Denise should hang closer to home for a season before burning the dock lines. I saw first-hand a fellow and his girlfriend down at our dock on a 37cc Irwin last May and June. Might sound like fun on paper. Not so fun to do. Their afternoons were spent below, out of the sun, before a fan stuffed in the forward hatch. He worked on the boat in the early morning and at night. She read paperback novels while he worked. They both guzzled those little green Heineken kegs all day long to cool off. She was a beauty but was worried the kegs would go to the legs, as she couldn't exercise. They were always arguing because there was a span of about 4-6 hours during which they just couldn't be physically comfortable. It's hot and sticky down here... Hell, it was hot today... Nov. 1 and hot and sticky...
Old 11-01-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Moving onto a boat to sit at a dock in a marina, I just don't get. I mean why bother ? On the other hand, living on a boat where you dropped the anchor in some small hidden cove on a island with crystal blue water, I do get. It isn't the boat, it's the adventure.