SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Living Aboard (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/)
-   -   Salem/Beverly/Gloucester MA Liveaboard? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/38556-salem-beverly-gloucester-ma-liveaboard.html)

AjariBonten 11-16-2007 05:41 PM

Salem/Beverly/Gloucester MA Liveaboard?

Hi everybody.

I have just learned that I may have an opportunity to move back to Boston's North Shore; and this might be a chance to move aboard full time.

I know we've got some members that currently live in the area; can anyone give me a rough idea what it might cost to park a 30-35' boat year round?, and any marina suggestions?

It's funny how the stars sometimes seem to line up just right....... cross your fingers for me.

Thanks, Fred

sailingdog 11-16-2007 06:40 PM

Good luck Fred... Keep us posted. Don't know any marinas that allow liveaboards in the Cape Ann area. Wish I could be more help.

punjabi 11-16-2007 07:01 PM

Hey. I grew up in Revere but now live in So Cal. Make sure to have some Kelly's for me!

Can't offer any help on the question though. :(

AjariBonten 11-16-2007 07:03 PM

Best Roast Beef Sandwich in the WORLD, Spaghetti-Man. I surely will, if I am so lucky!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by punjabi (Post 224059)
Hey. I grew up in Revere but now live in So Cal. Make sure to have some Kelly's for me!

Can't offer any help on the question though. :(

MARRSY 11-16-2007 07:14 PM

I live in Swampscott - the only one I know of off the top of my head is in East Boston

punjabi 11-16-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AjariBonten (Post 224061)
Best Roast Beef Sandwich in the WORLD, Spaghetti-Man. I surely will, if I am so lucky!!!!

And if it's pizza you're into, check out Bianchi's on the boulevard near Revere Street. I took my wife there about 4 months ago and now she won't eat the crap they try to pass off as pizza here in So Cal.

wiseleyb 11-16-2007 08:08 PM

Look up Doug Richie - he's on a mooring in Salem in the summer on the docks in the winter. He and his wife are on a Pearson (36?, Ketch). He's top notch, super nice guy, very,very serious sailor. He's been everywhere, so Salem Harbor probably isn't a bad place to live - if it was he'd have moved. We used to live-aboard at Ship Yard Quarters, in Chucktown (Boston) - not a bad place either.

DrB 11-17-2007 07:42 PM

Constitution Marina in Boston Harbor ....

Has Winter Dockage, but that's 30 or so nm (by boat) away from the North Shore area. Nothing in Marblehead area that I am aware of. Maybe Pickering Warf Marina in Salem.

DrB

AjariBonten 11-18-2007 09:53 AM

Thanks All ............

:D Some great ideas. :)

DrB; I was thinking about Pickering Wharf, but I can only IMAGINE what it might cost. Will research, though.

wiseleyb; thanks, any idea how I might look Doug Richie up?, sounds like a good contact. Charlestown wouldn't be too far, because I wouldn't HAVE to sail to work in Salem, not too bad a commute. (Against the regular flow of commuters)

Punjabi: I like Lena's Pizza in Lynn, you can get your slice with a side of Sopranos, or even better Sam & Joes in DanversPort

Marrsy; I grew up in Lynn, on the Swampscott line. East Boston might not be bad, right on the Blue Line.

Dog, thanks for the crossed fingers ... :D

sailingdog 11-18-2007 11:09 AM

Constitution Marina, Boston Shipyard and a few others probably allow liveaboards, but they're in Boston Harbor proper, not Cape Ann or the North Shore.