how much clothing will we need - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 12-17-2007

Go with the minimum and suggest that your wife shops there for items she desires. That's what my wife considers a treat,- justifies her purchases,-enjoy!
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 12-17-2007

Send a message via AIM to NauticalFishwife
Captain Force I like how you think!
post #13 of 16 Old 12-17-2007
Reward for lost Kraken!

How much clothing? How often do you want to do laundry? How does your wife feel about being seen in the same shorts five days in a row?

Most anywhere you go, there are clothing stores that the locals use (even if they aren't WalMart) and you'll find clothing much more reasonably than in the tourist strips. Besides, it gives you a real everyday souvenir of where you've been.

I'd strongly suggest some "space bags" since they can really keep spare clothing dry--and COMPACT if you decide it isn't needed.
post #14 of 16 Old 12-17-2007
Telstar 28

HS-

The "space bags" are a great idea... and they also keep the dirt and moths/bugs off the clothes too.

Sailingdog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
post #15 of 16 Old 12-18-2007
Reward for lost Kraken!

SD-
When pilots cross a coastline they often radio in "feet wet" or "feet dry" meaning they are over water or land.
Well...I kind of apply the same mindset to sailing. "Butt wet" and "Butt dry" and as long as the butt is warm and dry, I'm a happy sailor.[g]
"Butt wet" and "happy" are mutually exclusive, unless I'm swimming or better yet diving. Just one of those personal life choices.[g]
post #16 of 16 Old 12-18-2007
Telstar 28

HS—

Well said... That's one reason i chose the boat I did... it's pretty dry compared to most monohulls and trimarans its size.

Sailingdog

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.