Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
Go with the minimum and suggest that your wife shops there for items she desires. That's what my wife considers a treat,- justifies her purchases,-enjoy!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-17-2007

NauticalFishwife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NauticalFishwife
Captain Force I like how you think!
Old 12-17-2007
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
How much clothing? How often do you want to do laundry? How does your wife feel about being seen in the same shorts five days in a row?

Most anywhere you go, there are clothing stores that the locals use (even if they aren't WalMart) and you'll find clothing much more reasonably than in the tourist strips. Besides, it gives you a real everyday souvenir of where you've been.

I'd strongly suggest some "space bags" since they can really keep spare clothing dry--and COMPACT if you decide it isn't needed.
Old 12-17-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
HS-

The "space bags" are a great idea... and they also keep the dirt and moths/bugs off the clothes too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-18-2007
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
SD-
When pilots cross a coastline they often radio in "feet wet" or "feet dry" meaning they are over water or land.
Well...I kind of apply the same mindset to sailing. "Butt wet" and "Butt dry" and as long as the butt is warm and dry, I'm a happy sailor.[g]
"Butt wet" and "happy" are mutually exclusive, unless I'm swimming or better yet diving. Just one of those personal life choices.[g]
Old 12-18-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
HS—

Well said... That's one reason i chose the boat I did... it's pretty dry compared to most monohulls and trimarans its size.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.