SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Living Aboard (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/)
-   -   Know a liveaboard marina around Stuart FL? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/39653-know-liveaboard-marina-around-stuart-fl.html)

BlowinSouth 01-04-2008 09:05 PM

Know a liveaboard marina around Stuart FL?

Hey all, the boat search is nearing an end (not going to say anything else, don't want to jinx it) but I've been trying to find a marina that allows liveaboards in or within say 100 miles of Stuart Florida.

I didn't think it would be that hard to find one but it seems very few have websites, I've found several directories that ony list the phone numbers, then I search for the marina and can't find most of them.

Any ideas would be mucho appreciated!

camaraderie 01-04-2008 09:57 PM

How about taking a mooring at Vero Beach muni while you wait for a slip to come open? Marinas.com is a place you might check out for pix and possibilities.

BlowinSouth 01-05-2008 01:06 AM

Oh so there's a waiting list eh? A mooring would be okay I guess for a while, I'll look into vero beach, thanks.

Any more ideas anybody?

Hippyjustin 01-07-2008 11:26 PM

southport

If a mooring will work for you, check out Southport Anchoage. Its right near downtown Stuart. I think it runs $240 a month up to 55'

LarryandSusanMacDonald 01-15-2008 05:31 PM

Check out Ft. Pierce City Marina. It's currently undergoing renovations 'cuz of hurricane damage - but they're back up and operational - they just don't have all of the docks rebuilt. We stayed there for three winters and they're nice folks. Dean is the manager - good guy. Lots to do in Ft. Pierce - they have, or at least used to have a very active jazz scene, frequent farmers markets right next to the marina, a library right next to the marina - several good restaurants, downtown within short walking distance. The inlet to the ocean is good if you time it right. Swift currents through the whole area.

Cap'n Larry MacDonald

endofdays 01-21-2008 10:42 PM

Check out activecaptain.com it will show you all available marina's in the area. Real good source of information.

Axle2121 02-24-2008 05:11 PM

I'm looking around for live aboard marina's in the Stuart/Jupiter area as well. I think the Riviera Beach Municipal Marina allows live aboards. If I find any others, I'll let you know.

hellosailor 02-24-2008 09:08 PM

Miami Herald was talking about the Boat Show a couple of weeks ago and mentioned osmething like 35,000 boat slips in Dade County with 45,000 registered boats competing for them, ignoring the ones that live on trailers. And Broward isn't much better. Dockage anywhere on the Gold Coast has gone sky high, the further north you can go, the more likely you can find it.

progersk 02-28-2008 01:34 PM

Live aboard

Stuart Harbour Marina used to allow live aboards, but to my knowledge it is no longer there thanks to Wilma

Rivieria Beach Marina allows live aboards, but I don't know if you want to live there. There are a number of other smaller places in and along the St lucie river but I don't know any by name

Good luck

Best
Paul

pelicanpirate 03-19-2008 01:33 PM

Moorings on Treasure Coast

Hi,
I would definitley recommend Vero Beach Municipal Marina......over 50 moorings that are well kept. Cost around $400 per month with use of washrooms and dinghy dock....free Indian River Bus service too!! Great shopping and so on. Captain jeremy on Two Pelicans.