Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009

southernwind is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to southernwind
WindBlue Power - The best wind generator parts and PMA Permanent Magnet Alternators on the web

a link to cheaper wind power generators, add a can of corrosion inhibitor and you have a good setup for a lot less than the cost of a airx

this is in response to the question of power on the hook or the ball. I have one on my boat.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by southernwind; 03-03-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-03-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
SouthernWind—

Please don't spam our forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-03-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
SD and SW......sent you both a pm.

Letting that stand for the time being cos on the surface its not spam.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Old 03-03-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
It is if he is associated with said website. And if he is associated with the website, he should say so in his signature and title, per the Special Interest Disclosure rules in the boat buying forum.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-03-2009

i have nothing to do with the site, i have talked with them and didn't even really like them that much there was a topic of power while on the hook. the link is a great resource of info for the people that like doing things for themselves. Wasn't trying to spam and you can get rid of it if ya want just trying to help others.

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-04-2009

lbdavis is on a distinguished road
Southernwind,

Have you ever considered that your signature could be incredibly offensive to a great many Americans that have lost family members and loved ones to terrorism?
Old 03-04-2009
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
LB...that bumper sticker is what you find offensive? Or did he change it?
If it is the bumper sticker....then I must ask HOW SO?
Is it not true that terrorists would rather see Barack in office than McCain? How is that offensive to families of soldiers?
Old 03-04-2009

its not the forum for this discussion but I took it down and I am a American that thinks the boys and girls over there are doing gods work.

its a freedom thing
the ACLU wouldnt understand

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-04-2009

lbdavis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
LB...that bumper sticker is what you find offensive?
Yes it was the bumper sticker.

I have no problem with political debate. In fact I believe it is invaluable. His written signature is fantastic (though applicable to ALL politicians IMHO).

Quote:
Is it not true that terrorists would rather see Barack in office than McCain?
I don't know. I haven't asked any. I know that there are two schools of thought however.

Quote:
How is that offensive to families of soldiers?
I made no mention of soldiers.

The bumper sticker (which is now gone) strongly suggested that the Democratic Party of the United States supports terrorism. While there are clearly many viewpoints on how to deal with terrorism, I find it difficult to believe that the Dems want more terrorist attacks in this country.

Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and Independents died as a result of the attacks of September 11, 2001 and the subsequent wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernwind View Post
its not the forum for this discussion but I took it down and I am a American that thinks the boys and girls over there are doing gods work.
You're a good man, southernwind.

Quote:
its a freedom thing
the ACLU wouldnt understand
Jeesum, please don't think I'm representing the ACLU!
Old 03-04-2009

naw I don't

Eleanor Roosevelt