Living on a mooring - Page 4 - SailNet Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 57 Old 03-03-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to southernwind
WindBlue Power - The best wind generator parts and PMA Permanent Magnet Alternators on the web

a link to cheaper wind power generators, add a can of corrosion inhibitor and you have a good setup for a lot less than the cost of a airx

this is in response to the question of power on the hook or the ball. I have one on my boat.

A long time ago, my mother said something about not being able to sleep at night worrying about me. I told her, "Don't be foolish, I don't skydive at night."

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by southernwind; 03-03-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 Old 03-03-2009
Telstar 28

SouthernWind—

Please don't spam our forums.

Sailingdog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
post #33 of 57 Old 03-03-2009
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

SD and SW......sent you both a pm.

Letting that stand for the time being cos on the surface its not spam.

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
post #34 of 57 Old 03-03-2009
Telstar 28

It is if he is associated with said website. And if he is associated with the website, he should say so in his signature and title, per the Special Interest Disclosure rules in the boat buying forum.

Sailingdog

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
post #35 of 57 Old 03-03-2009

i have nothing to do with the site, i have talked with them and didn't even really like them that much there was a topic of power while on the hook. the link is a great resource of info for the people that like doing things for themselves. Wasn't trying to spam and you can get rid of it if ya want just trying to help others.

A long time ago, my mother said something about not being able to sleep at night worrying about me. I told her, "Don't be foolish, I don't skydive at night."

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
Eleanor Roosevelt
post #36 of 57 Old 03-04-2009

Southernwind,

Have you ever considered that your signature could be incredibly offensive to a great many Americans that have lost family members and loved ones to terrorism?

S/V Gracie
P303
post #37 of 57 Old 03-04-2009
moderate?

LB...that bumper sticker is what you find offensive? Or did he change it?
If it is the bumper sticker....then I must ask HOW SO?
Is it not true that terrorists would rather see Barack in office than McCain? How is that offensive to families of soldiers?

No longer posting. Reach me by PM!
post #38 of 57 Old 03-04-2009

its not the forum for this discussion but I took it down and I am a American that thinks the boys and girls over there are doing gods work.

its a freedom thing
the ACLU wouldnt understand

Eleanor Roosevelt
post #39 of 57 Old 03-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
LB...that bumper sticker is what you find offensive?
Yes it was the bumper sticker.

I have no problem with political debate. In fact I believe it is invaluable. His written signature is fantastic (though applicable to ALL politicians IMHO).

Quote:
Is it not true that terrorists would rather see Barack in office than McCain?
I don't know. I haven't asked any. I know that there are two schools of thought however.

Quote:
How is that offensive to families of soldiers?
I made no mention of soldiers.

The bumper sticker (which is now gone) strongly suggested that the Democratic Party of the United States supports terrorism. While there are clearly many viewpoints on how to deal with terrorism, I find it difficult to believe that the Dems want more terrorist attacks in this country.

Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and Independents died as a result of the attacks of September 11, 2001 and the subsequent wars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernwind View Post
its not the forum for this discussion but I took it down and I am a American that thinks the boys and girls over there are doing gods work.
You're a good man, southernwind.

Quote:
its a freedom thing
the ACLU wouldnt understand
Jeesum, please don't think I'm representing the ACLU!

S/V Gracie
P303
post #40 of 57 Old 03-04-2009

naw I don't

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.