Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsashanell View Post
Iv'e lived on my sailboat for 3.5 years straight this time and seen this marina change ownersship three years ago. New rules/ regs.
Now with new management I recieved a letter saying the marina no longer allows monthley rent payments and only quarterley, semi-annually or yearley.

This letter was received on 3-24-08 enclosed is a bill for the next three months with a due date of 4-1-08. One weeks notice to pay three months in advance ( its for slip rent and liveaboard fee) $774.00.

Ive been here for 10 years and what gives these people the right to jack me around like this.

I need to know what my options are. Im tired of being a doormat.

N 37 16'02".18 W 76 25'21"70
I have you answer! I have a 2 bedroom apartment for rent here in New York. $1,200 a month. First month and 1 month security down and rent is due on the first of the month. I think your right I wouldn't let them push you around like that.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-26-2008
Freedom 39

FarCry is on a distinguished road
Welcome

svsashanell Welcome to Sailnet. I see this is your first post and wish to welcome you to our community. Hopefully you've been lurking for a while and realize the value that this forum can provide. With the warm greetings you've been given I'm sure you'll return soon.

Jealousy can bring out the worst in some and it appears that you have received a very reasonable rate for your slip. I am jealous too. It is unfortunate that your marina has changed regarding payment in a way that you do not like. Have you tried to talk with the new owners and see if they might be willing to work with you on a payment plan that is agreeable to both of you? Other than moving that might be your only option.
Old 03-26-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
I agree with Farcry...you had a plan and it was changed...they should at least have warned you in time...

Given the fact that they did not increase the rate, you will end up payig the same, right??

all this requires from you is a little effort in the begining and a good job at managing your money so you can have the money for the second trimester and following...

Open an account and every month you pay that account...then in 3 months you have the cash for that...as far as the first trimester, get a deal with them, maybe they let you pay it in 2 times...

I sympatize with your issue, and hope best luck to you...if its of any consolation to you...I pay $12.000 a year, in 4 easy installments of $3000 each....

see, when you think you're having a rainy day....in some one's yard, he's getting a flood....
Old 03-26-2008

Valiente has a spectacular aura about Valiente has a spectacular aura about
I pay more than that to have my boat sitting in a filthy snowbank!
Old 03-26-2008

buckeyesailor is on a distinguished road
I wish you were my banker Giulietta...... warn me in time....a little compassion...... a little common sense.........
Keep in mind, however.....this is the US......we want it all, and we want it now......Sad......but true.....
Live on what you can afford and pay as you go.....we'd be in a lot better shape......like in the REAL world......
Old 03-26-2008

Dunlookn has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Wow, arrogance, ignorance, stupidity, lack of compassion and a large dose of "look at how bad I have it"...all in response to one guy's question.

He did not ask anyone for a comparision of thier situation to his. He simply felt that HIS situation was unfairly caused by the marina.

To the few of you that felt you knew every motivation behind each word he said...please provide me your clairvoiance (sp) as it relates to the stock market.

Arrogance and ignorance is a double edged sword yeilded too often in response to a fair question.

I've read enough S*&t on this question I'm going outside to work on my new toilet. Should be a cleaner endeavor.
Old 03-26-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Dunlookn, other then your rant against the members here, I fail to see that your post helps the original poster. What suggestions do you have to offer. My dock fees went up $10 a foot. Do you feel my pain that diesel is $4.50 a gallon at my marina. I am told that it will go up again before the season starts. A private business have every right to change prices and policies at any time. If you don't like it than do business some place else. If you can help the boater than do it. But don't start name calling. This guy had good deal for for a lot of years and still does. Compassion, works on both sides of the street. Please practice what you preach!
Old 03-26-2008

theartfuldodger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to theartfuldodger
I guess the fellow feels frustrated with the way the marina informed him on such a quick notice, as for that I'm on his side. I can't help but wonder if he was just looking for some info on his rights, with respect to renting where he is. I think he was reaching out for help, from people he thought would have some constructive info, boy was he wrong.
Old 03-26-2008

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
I am sure he signed some form of contract. My advise would be to read it. Then ask a question, that can be answered.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2008
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlookn View Post
Wow, arrogance, ignorance, stupidity, lack of compassion and a large dose of "look at how bad I have it"...all in response to one guy's question.

He did not ask anyone for a comparision of thier situation to his. He simply felt that HIS situation was unfairly caused by the marina.

To the few of you that felt you knew every motivation behind each word he said...please provide me your clairvoiance (sp) as it relates to the stock market.

Arrogance and ignorance is a double edged sword yeilded too often in response to a fair question.

I've read enough S*&t on this question I'm going outside to work on my new toilet. Should be a cleaner endeavor.
Oh, hogwash!
The guy didn't come here looking for options, he came here to cry his tale of woe. He's so interested in constructive answers he hasn't even been back. And by anybody's math, the rate he's paying will get you a mooring about an hour over the horizon in most places in the US. He's got a slip in a rather nice area. The guy is cryin' poverty with a loaf of bread under his arm. If you get your toilet working maybe you can get your shite together and see that fact. In any event, you win the Mr. Morally Superior contest of the day. Flush twice, there's more there than you think.