SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hunter 40

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  poopdeckpappy 
#1 ·
thinkng about a Hunter 40 for a liveaboard
and coastal cruiser -- all comments welcome
and thanks

#3 ·
S7N:

If you''d like to correspond with a couple doing just that - living aboard a H40 in St. Pete, FL for the past 4 years - feel free to contact me via the Message Board and I''ll pass along their email address. Nice folks and this isn''t the first boat they''ve lived aboard.

My impressions (lived aboard 3 boats now) are that it''s spacious, has a great aft cabin, a great galley, and is relatively easy to keep up. OTOH I''m unimpressed with the narrow/confined forward cabin, would hate to take the boat offshore (no sea berth, no bilge, not enough storage, cockpit isn''t particularly comfortable on a heel) and I find the settee cushions on both sides of the main cabin too narrow - just can''t seem to relax and ''settle in''. However, if it were my boat I''d be able to stretch out on one length-wise and probably wouldn''t find this a problem.

Will you need to heat or air-condition the boat where you''ll be living aboard?

Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.