Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2008

mikelgiles is on a distinguished road
Need a boatsitter in Clear Lake, TX?

Do you live aboard and need to be away from your boat for a week or longer but don't want to leave your boat unattended? If so, I could be a good solution for you.

I am a 70 year old (very active old guy!) with lots of boating experience. I owned a 33 ft Ranger and half owner in a 46 ft Formosa . I no longer have a boat and am missing the solitude of staying on a boat for weeks at a time.

What I would offer is to stay on your boat while you are away so you wont have to worry about it. I would not be wanting to use it in any manner other than as a place to sleep, eat, and work( I develop computer software and can take my work where ever I please). In return I will do normal housekeeping and watch out for anything going wrong.

There would be no charge to you and I would be willing to pay any extra utility costs caused by me being there. I would always keep the boat clean and ready for your return. I am very flexible with schedules. I wouldn't want a stay shorter than a week nor longer than three weeks at a time. My desire would be to spend about 50% of my time staying on someones boat. This could be a short term arrangement or a long term. Anything long term would need to be something on the order of a week on week off or maybe two weeks on and a week off. I live in the DFW area and would need to spend about 50% of my time there.

I can furnish all kinds of references from sailors in the Clear Lake area and from my hometown area.

If you have any interest, post a reply here and I will give you my email address and telephone numbers.

Mikel Giles
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-30-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Mikel-

Be aware that you will need 10 posts to reply to PMs. Also, don't recommend posting your e-mail address or phone number in a public forum, if that was your plan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook