SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Living aboard - and sex

162K views 412 replies 149 participants last post by  sailcay 
#1 ·
Why doesn't anyone talk about the issues of sex on a boat? Are there any issues? Such as noise, privacy, and all the other stuff?

It's something is going with cruising and nobody talks about it.

#4 ·
Dude, your freaking me out man. Do we have to draw you pictures?

OK here is a hint, nice gentle breeze blowing, boat nicely trimmed, Auto Pilot is engaged, no other boats in sight and plenty of open water all around you; your wife is out on the bow sunning herself.......... the next move is up to you.

#191 ·
OK here is a hint, nice gentle breeze blowing, boat nicely trimmed, Auto Pilot is engaged, no other boats in sight and plenty of open water all around you; your wife is out on the bow sunning herself.......... the next move is up to you.
Auto Pilot? If you need Otto to steer for you while "otherwise engaged"; well you need more practice trimming your sails. Try "waiting" until you have her sailing with no steering inputs and then lock the helm with the brake or lash the tiller. Makes it more challenging and you also get to learn more about getting your boat to sail more efficiently.

You can do this without the "reward"; but it's more fun you have the goal.

#18 ·
At least it's not a "leaky tiller" like in the Gear and Maintenance section. Reminds me of a certain shore leave adventure I had in Singapore...oh never-mind.

So GregS - you started this, dude! What do you have to say for yourself, mister?

#27 ·
Hmmmmm!

Well, as far as living aboard and what the neighbors think, I have no clue.

BUT. As far as nooky on a boat... I have a friend that does deliveries w/ his girlfriend (they are boat captains) He was telling me about a delivery from the islands to FLA on a catamaran and it was off the wind all the way. Made for nude sunbathing and romps on the trampoline all hours of the day the whole way to FLA.:cool:

And I know of a certain "Admiral" (in training) who was checking out the aft cabins on boats at the boat show to see how much, ummm, room there was. ;) Even laid down on the aft berth and put her feet up on the "ceiling" (cockpit sole) to make certain it was comfy.:laugher

Now that's MY kind of Admiral!:D

Oh, and hi TWISTY! Welcome aboard.

#29 ·
LOL... he had to ask...

Reactions: Atlas
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.