Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009

Freerider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbyjody View Post
Ref: The UnSponsored Link: Consumer Reports WebWatch's Weblog: Earth4Energy.com Falls Short of WebWatch Guidelines

Another big indication is the number of domains that promote to the site and including a prominently named "RipOff" that glowing discusses the site that the domain indicates.

My verdict - scam to the highest degree (please do read the link above as well as this one: http://nlcpr.com/Deceptions6.php)....

I read the top link (bottom one didn't work), very interesting, but still no concrete answer. It seems people have had good experiences, and others terrible experiences.

I guess it depends on your outlook going in. I look at everything in life the same way, the answer is neither black nor white, its usually somewhere in the grey area.

It probs takes more work, and cost a little more than advertised, but it may work given some trial and error.

I just don't see why a liveaboard can't build their own solar pannels, for much less than what a standard pannels from ie:Sharp costs.

It'd be interesting hearing from a Sailnet member who's tried it, for some reason i trust people on hear more than from some random site.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-30-2009

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
I read the top link (bottom one didn't work), very interesting, but still no concrete answer.
Earth4Energy is fraudulent. Earth4Energy is a SCAM. Earth4Energy is a ripoff.

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-30-2009
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Not quite sure what part of it is a fraud did you not understand???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
I read the top link (bottom one didn't work), very interesting, but still no concrete answer. It seems people have had good experiences, and others terrible experiences.

I guess it depends on your outlook going in. I look at everything in life the same way, the answer is neither black nor white, its usually somewhere in the grey area.

It probs takes more work, and cost a little more than advertised, but it may work given some trial and error.

I just don't see why a liveaboard can't build their own solar pannels, for much less than what a standard pannels from ie:Sharp costs.

It'd be interesting hearing from a Sailnet member who's tried it, for some reason i trust people on hear more than from some random site.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 03-30-2009

Thanks, that one worked.

I don't believe that site anymore than the others I've found. It seems many of the complaints are about solar and wind power in general, and how it's too hard to power a house. I was just looking to add some extra power for a sailboat.

But you have a point that there are lots of negative reviews, almost too many, then the others i read praise it... haha. Google does seem to love this product though.

It looks like if you can buy cheap used solar cells, you might have something. Enough to power your home? Maybe not.

Anyways thanks for your opinions so far!!
Old 03-30-2009
not Sully or Dandelion

MorganPaul is on a distinguished road
My question is. Is Freerider a shill for this scam or a gullible chump?

BTW can I get a date with Susie?
Old 03-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog View Post
Not quite sure what part of it is a fraud did you not understand???
It was the part from someone you has no idea about the product, never met the guy he called a fraud, and simply made an accusation based on opinion.

I really don't care that much, but i was looking for info from people who may have tried it, that's all.

I don't find that statement was any less of a fraud, than say the website.

But i'm a happy guy so no need to side track any longer........well you can have one more shot back!!...haha
Old 03-30-2009
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Not going to remove the whole thread or ban anyone as yet but I have removed the link to the commercial site cos quite frankly I reckon it was a scam. If not a scam it sure did sound like one.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 03-31-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2009
not Sully or Dandelion

MorganPaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Not going to remove the whole thread or ban anyone as yet but I have removed the link to the commercial site cos quite frankly I reckon it was a scam. It not a scam it sure did sound like one.
Good job tdw.
Old 03-31-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
I said I am SUSPICIOUS, and for all the reasons posted. Mostly these threads are obvious.......i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 04-21-2009

justdreaming is on a distinguished road
they are for real i have not used them but did a lot of research on them but if you are a diy type you can buy there book it will show u how i found info on u tube about building pannels your self and wind gen also but i just bought mine