Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
MeckDC ?

Meck, we sail around Rockport but have sailed down Lydia Ann Channel but have never crossed over to Port A. Can you suggest a place to tie up and grab lunch?

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeckDC View Post
We are live aboards in Port Aransas, TX. We are at the Island Moorings Marina. I must say that it is great here. Super nice people, great live aboard community, great amenities and the prices are reasonable. It takes us about 40 minutes to sail to the gulf and this is suppose to be one of the best hurricane holes around. Thank God we didn't have to find out this year! We are about 25 minutes from Corpus where you can get everything you need for your boat and life. We've also been told that the water is much nicer here than in the Galveston area but it's nothing like the FL keys.

Good Luck!

MeckDC
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-05-2009

MeckDC is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi Mike,

Your best bet would be to contact the city marina which is just past the jettys on the port side. There are some temporary slips at the very end of the channel for loading and unloading. You may be able to dock there but otherwise you'd have to tie up at the city marina. There is a free trolley that runs once an hour but from there you can walk pretty much anywhere in town. We've had lunch at the Wharf, it was good and not too expensive. We've heard the Beach Street Station & Grill is good for lunch but have only been there for breakfast. They are closed Tues. - Thurs. Here's a link to some other restaurants in Port A.

Restaurants in Port Aransas, Texas

Let me know if you need anything else.

MeckDC
Old 12-04-2010

chessie324 is on a distinguished road
I know this thread has been barren for a while, but I am also a senior in college dreaming of living aboard next year. I have a job offer in Freeport, TX and was wondering if you knew of any marinas in that area.