Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
uhhhhhh, possibly 15? Or do you mean that as a gray area, as in my gray matter?... ........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009
Waiting For Spring

krozet is on a distinguished road
A whole lot of wide brushes being used in this thread.... Oh and non of them are on topic.

Welcome to the internets...
Old 09-18-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
uhhhhhh, possibly 15? Or do you mean that as a gray area, as in my gray matter?... ........i2f
No no there's no grey area, 16 comes right after 14, honest.

Check this out - 6 die from brain-eating amoeba.

12, 13, 14, **coughs**, 16, 17 ..

Please support my
Old 09-18-2009

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Sorry for the drift, but the internet is like any other conversation.

Maybe they found a place to live through Acorn, and have a prostitution ring going now?....BETTER?.......

I think I was in that lake last week........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!

Old 09-18-2009

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by krozet View Post
A whole lot of wide brushes being used in this thread.... Oh and non of them are on topic.

Welcome to the internets...
Hey that isn't fair, PCP777's post was on topic.

I think we've just quietly agreed this thread is better off if it isn't on topic anymore ...

Please support my
Old 09-18-2009

PCP777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_magic View Post
Hey that isn't fair, PCP777's post was on topic.

I think we've just quietly agreed this thread is better off if it isn't on topic anymore ...
Well thank you. I spent about an hour of my life reading this thread, I thought it was a good subject and wanted to throw my two cents in. The whole teen sailing thing is another good topic that's been discussed on other forums as well but it probably deserves another thread.

I have a good employee that went to prison for five years over prescription drugs. (Now) He's a good guy that's trying to get his life together so invited him to come for a sail. He got bit by the bug. I ended up finding him a Hobie 16 for $100 that was actually able to sail. You have to have a good hobby or you can fall back in the game right? I'm a firm believer in second chances.

So he's living with his grandmother and looking for a living situation or at least a way to get a few nights away a week. My best suggestion, considering his situation, is to get a nice little sailboat and live aboard. aside from the money, the only apartment he'll be able to find around here, because of his credit and criminal background check, would be the hood. You DON'T want to live in the hood in Dallas folks, trust me.

Why even deal with that?

I say get a decent boat and live on it, as long as you have that "roughing it" attitude and don't have major dependencies like kids etc to worry about it can be a terrific solution. yes, you will have to spend money on it but even here in Texas, where housing is very inexpensive, living aboard a boat can be much less expensive if you have the right boat. We are also blessed with a fairly temperate climate which really helps. (Not much snow, ice or freezing days here in Dallas)

If I was in a situation like his, it would be a no brainer. As far as raising a family on a small boat? Not sure if I could handle that.

Given the choice between a homeless shelter, a tent and a boat, I'll take a boat 100% of the time.
1979 TR/FK #1390
~Stephanos~
Bayview Marina,
Lake Ray Hubbard
Dallas, TX

Old 09-18-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Personally, I love it when a thread careens out of control and busts right into a big freakin' tree. That's free-form, baby!

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Personally, I love it when a thread careens out of control and busts right into a big freakin' tree. That's free-form, baby!

1979 TR/FK #1390
~Stephanos~
Bayview Marina,
Lake Ray Hubbard
Dallas, TX

Old 09-18-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Oh man - I'm having flashbacks.

Am I in the car? Am I the tree? I need something with peanut butter.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 09-18-2009

let's totally mow the tree down and run through the fence...

Smack are you in Austin? You sail a C-27?

here's my friend's C-27 from the deck of my C-25. Night crossing on the lake. We actually took first in B fleet on his boat last week.

We make it a habit to get some good night sailing in.

1979 TR/FK #1390
~Stephanos~
Bayview Marina,
Lake Ray Hubbard
Dallas, TX