Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Very cool. Looks like he's flying a 150?

Looks just like my boat...except no underwater lights that change colors with the Barry White tunage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-18-2009

PCP777 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Very cool. Looks like he's flying a 150?

Looks just like my boat...except no underwater lights that change colors with the Barry White tunage.

LOL, yeah it's a 150 roller furler, and yes, he does have that boat pimped out. Flat screen down below, power inverter, microwave, AC etc. We do a little racing and a lot of cruising on his boat. We've started to do raft ups on full moon weekends. it's pretty cool. It's amazing how much bigger his 27 is than my 25. Love them both though.

Pic from racing....

pic from a raft up.

On the Olson 30...

1979 TR/FK #1390
~Stephanos~
Bayview Marina,
Lake Ray Hubbard
Dallas, TX

Old 10-05-2009

J35Bump is on a distinguished road
I have a 38 Viking aft cabin in Galesville, MD that you can have. I lived aboard her for 5 years. She needs work, but if you've got a place to put her she's yours. I tried to send you a pm on here but i have to make 5 posts or something before it will let me do that..
Old 10-05-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
J - you are the man. Welcome to SN dude.

27 pages of smack and this guy offers a 38' boat of his own (with kudos to Chuckles).

Goodness lives in the heart of man. Take note you naysaying chumps.

SN rocks.

Old 10-05-2009
Retired & Cruising

svPrim is on a distinguished road
available Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiarasWake View Post
I am wondering whether there is someone out there near MD with a boat that is going to waste due to, perhaps, just a busy lifestyle. Maybe that person could afford to pay it forward, so to speak, to a family in need. My husband, toddlers and i live aboard a 27 foot boat. It is very old, but we love it more than any life on land. It is a long story as to how we arrived here, but we are grateful to have a roof over our heads and our family intact. We can no longer use our credit, as we lost everything during bad times. The important thing is that we are together and happy, yet the harsh reality remains that our old boat is just that. Our transom is rotting and our core is definitely wet with all of our leaks. We can no longer move the boat because it puts too much stress on the transom, causing water to come in rapidly. If we could get any type of loan we would be fine, but as i said, we no longer have that luxury. We cannot even get a loan to replace our dilapidated vehicles which are on their last legs. Call me crazy or what you will for this post, but I am just a mother and wife trying to save her family. My husband works hard to take care of us, but as many of you may know, when you sink down into a hole financially, it can be nearly impossible to get back out again. If our home ends up at the bottom of the drink, we will truly have nothing left. If you can be of any help at all, it would be appreciated more than you will ever know. Thanks for reading this post. I can only hope for a miracle.
I have a 38' Viking aft cabin in Galesville MD that i'd be happy to give you.. all you need is a place to put it.
The engines need work due to alcohol taking its toll on the fiberglass fuel tanks.. it also leaks a bit but a short haul and recaulking some planks forward, and rebedding the stuffing boxes will fix it.. I'm just done puttin money in the boat. It has a king size bed in the aft cabin, a fold down dinette and a single size bed in the forward cabin. the forward cabin could be redone to its original configuration with two beds. There are two heads. the aft head has a shower stall. The water tank needs to be replaced but the fresh water system works and it will run off dock water if available..

please send me an email to: jsailor @ hotmail.com with "VIKING 38" in the subject line if you're interested
Old 04-24-2010

Whitbydave is on a distinguished road
I applaude DK for both his wisdom and his desire to help despite the dearth of "give -it-up" responses. Sometimes a family, and that is the key these days, is a stronger unit doing what they do together rather than abandoning the dream that is giving them a purpose and the hope to prevail in bad times. I pray for the family in need and should I find them in Md. while I am working on my dream, I would happily lend a hand. I'm in Deale Md. Best wishes, Whitbydave. Posrt a reply with a location, maybe there in May. God Bless!
Old 05-17-2010
Sail/eat/repair/repeat

madcuddlar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to madcuddlar
good for you davebkanelavie. I applaud you for showing the best side of human nature to a woman who put pride aside and asked for help AND TRUSTED THAT people like you do STILL EXIST. and for all of you that chided her maybe you missed the part about her HOUSE IS SINKING!
Old 05-18-2010
cruising all I can

joethecobbler is on a distinguished road
My family and I also live aboard, er I mean are extended cruisers. we're in Hampton,VA right now and will be heading up the chesapake as soon as weather permits( hopefully in a day or two).
I can relate to the situation of the family in need as we also were affected by the economy an the twists and turns life throws at you.
I was luckier than some as I kind of saw it coming and was able to make adjustments and have actually embraced the all cash no credit existence. And we really appreciate that ,above all else, we are together, doing what many only dream of. for that I feel like a millionaire !!
Of course like all things it's not always easy and you must be quite resourceful, and frugal. but here we are !
I'm very interested to learn if this family is able to accept the boat offer as I would like to meet them and see if there is any way I could assist them in making the repairs the boat will need. As I'm cash poor but rich in boat repair skills in wood,metal,fiberglass,welding,electrical,sail and canvas repair etc. etc.
I also am extremely lucky at finding great used stuff and repairing it for use aboard.
to date I have aquired most of the creature comforts for us, for little or often times for free, just by being able to repair them when they were cast off by more .... ah.... fortunate sailors who could afford to upgrade and were not interested in repaired or older equipment.
So shoot me a PM and maybe I can help.

live the dash, it's all you'll ever have.
Old 08-25-2012

ScriptySandy is on a distinguished road
Re: Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle

I just wasted an hour of my life reading all the garbage on this thread to get to the good stuff. SO happy to see there are some good Samaritans in the bunch. Now I am curious, does anyone know if she got a boat, got help, or not?? I am hoping for a happy outcome to this story.
Old 08-26-2012
Last Man Standing

Re: Liveaboard Family Looking for a Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptySandy View Post
I just wasted an hour of my life reading all the garbage on this thread to get to the good stuff. SO happy to see there are some good Samaritans in the bunch. Now I am curious, does anyone know if she got a boat, got help, or not?? I am hoping for a happy outcome to this story.
I never heard. She never came back and posted after the beatdown on the first few pages. So I'm not sure what happened.

I hope they found something that works for them.

BTW - welcome to SN scripty.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.