Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Hurricanes permitting, we'll be beginning our cruising less than a month from today, and I'm seeing the wisdom of owning nothing that isn't aboard. I give us a pass for the accoutrements of land-based jobs (cars, office clothing); and tools/building materials for the projects necessary to get our boat ready for cruising. But there's a surprising amount of stuff that was easier to accumulate than to shed, and some possessions that there's not really much excuse for except sentiment.

We've got enough real projects to do, to get ready to go, that I don't need to add "find a good repository for my [late] dog's favorite bandana, or the print from my photo-op with the Secretary of Interior" to my to-do list!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-10-2009

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
I forgot to respond to that question about receiving mail. We use the St. Brendan's Isle mail service and ask for our mail to be sent to various locations while we are cruising,- usually once or twice a month. As we have been fulltime cruiing since 2002 our mail volume has dimenished and we have increased internet communication and management of accounts. We still prefer to have our mail sent to a post office with general delivery pick-up as opposed to sending it to a marina. This also allows for more anchoring out with less marina costs. 'take care and joy, Aythya crew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook