Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2008
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelinski View Post
My wife and I live aboard and cruise the East Coast and Caribbean. Our boat is a Valiant 40, and she's been completely comfortable and safe for the eight years we've lived on her.
Great boat! We live on a CSY 33, but have crewed on 2 different Valiants & had a nice ride both times. (Course, it also seemed sooo spacious after we're used to our small boat. But it's paid for )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-14-2008

deryk is on a distinguished road
Hello,

Im still in the working world, but am between 2 boats... I have a 1979 Watkins 27 that Ivelived on for the last 3.5 years... then there is the 1969 Morgan 34 I just bought which needs a little work and an updateing of the interior.
Old 06-14-2008

Danny33 is on a distinguished road
RoughWater 33 ,

Playing ,learning , living on!

Sat empty four or so years and getting back to great again everyday !
Cant wait to stay where its warm again all year !
Old 06-14-2008
Old Salt

mikethecapt is on a distinguished road
i have a 1978 S2-9.2C, it's a center cockpit 30' sloop rigged cruiser designed by Aurther Edmonds (spelling?) and i have been living aboard her since 2003. i am just at the tail end of a two year refit that included 11 months on the hard due to a complete gelcoat peel and new epoxy bottom. and yes, i lived aboard in the yard, while installing the new engine, rigging and sanitation system. i have a gym membership and kept my clothes in the car, i would shower and change at the gym. i didn't find it inconvient at all. i have lived aboard various boats prior to this one and i work at sea as a merchant sailor. i had a much larger boat before and miss the space and tankage, but not the cost of everything. on this boat i have removed the marine-air air conditioner, the microwave and most all of the 110v do dads to make room for more room. my boat is not small as far as living space goes, but on deck it lacks adequate storage. i'm fixing that with an arch/davit system and a couple of small boxes on deck and one in the cockpit. my plan is to cruise 6 months, put the boat somewhere safe and bolster the kitty on some ship somewhere for two months and cruise 6 months until i can cruise 8 months, 10, bye bye.

capt. mike

s/v plan b

Last edited by mikethecapt; 06-14-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-14-2008
Old Salt

mikethecapt is on a distinguished road
i have a 1978 S2-9.2C, it's a center cockpit 30' sloop rigged cruiser designed by Aurther Edmonds (spelling?) and i have been living aboard her since 2003. i am just at the tail end of a two year refit that included 11 months on the hard due to a complete gelcoat peel and new epoxy bottom. and yes, i lived aboard in the yard, while installing the new engine, rigging and sanitation system. i have a gym membership and kept my clothes in the car, i would shower and change at the gym. i didn't find it inconvient at all. i have lived aboard various boats prior to this one and i work at sea as a merchant sailor. i had a much larger boat before and miss the space and tankage, but not the cost of everything. on this boat i have removed the marine-air air conditioner, the microwave and most all of the 110v do dads to make room for more room. my boat is not small as far as living space goes, but on deck it lacks adequate storage. i'm fixing that with an arch/davit system and a couple of small boxes on deck and one in the cockpit. my plan is to cruise 6 months, put the boat somewhere safe and bolster the kitty on some ship somewhere for two months and cruise 6 months until i can cruise 8 months, 10, bye bye.

capt. mike

s/v plan b
Old 06-25-2008
Garrett j Reed

gjreed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gjreed Send a message via Skype™ to gjreed
I live on a Cascade 29' sloop, has a 8'6'' beam so she's a tight fit, but i love it.
Only one thing I really want to change and thats the fact the water tank fill is under the V berth where i sleep, so i have to remove my mattress to fill up like once a month. other then that for almost a year she's been my home.
Old 12-14-2008
SouthernComfort

Hillster is on a distinguished road
I figured I would bump this thread.

I have been living on my 32' O'day 322 for six months now and love it. When getting into this, I thought I would have to buy at least a 36 footer. The 32' O'day works just fine. It has a nice big queen berth in the aft behind the galley that is enclosed with door, hanging lockers and drawers. The head is large and the shower area is plenty big enough making showers effortless. Ike destroyed our facilaties and I have been forced to use my boat for all things and I am so lucky to have bought this model.

Here are a few pics. Even one with my ugly mug in it

Old 12-15-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Welcome aboard the asylum.

Good thing the lighting is rather dim...or you could have really scared some people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillster View Post
...Here are a few pics. Even one with my ugly mug in it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 12-15-2008

poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about poopdeckpappy has a spectacular aura about
SD, be careful with this guy, he's watching Barney Frank on TV
Old 12-16-2008
SouthernComfort

Hillster is on a distinguished road
Yeah, news had to ruin a perfectly good picture

Maybe a pic of the admiral will make up for it

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.