Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006

alockamy is on a distinguished road
Hello, I'm Anita and new to this list, but not to Sailnet. I am not liveabaord yet but working on it. We have a 37 ft Island Packet in Burnt Store Marina, Punta Gorda, FL.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-28-2006

saltydawg is on a distinguished road
We are currently living aboard a St. Francis 44 catamaran (me, my hubby, our 2 year old son and our 12 year old dog)
We plan t leave for full time cruising again when our son is about 5.

We used to live aboard and cruise a PDQ36 cat which we LOVED!!! But once I got pregnant we felt we needed some more space.

Now we're saving $$, upgrading and outfitting our boat for long term cruising, and teaching our son how to swim and sail

Hope to see you all "out there"
Old 06-28-2006
Lady Pirate

Pirate's Booty is on a distinguished road
That sounds awesome! How was it being pregnant while on the boat? That sounds like quite an experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pirate' s Booty
Old 06-29-2006

EveningStar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to EveningStar
As I read these wonderful responses I sit in my saloon of Walkabout my 1986 Catalina 30 and I ponder how lucky I am. No matter how bad things can be for me (and I've had a very rough year divorce, finanical depleation, etc...) I'm still living every sailors dream, I'm a Live-Aboard sailor!!
I've wanted this since I was 10yrs old, now it's reality. My 4yr old and 2yr old daughters and I moved aboard only a month ago in Sarnia Ontario. They are enjoying it as much as I. We have an excellent marina with all the kid things they could want (playscape, pool, parks nearby, etc...). It was the best move I could've ever made.
The boat herself was a typical underused family boat that was put in the water every year then was not touched but a few times a season. Now after 4 long months of restoration to systems it's all in working order. I really feel that the Catalina 30's have the living space of any other 32-34 footer.
captain jack likes this.
Old 07-13-2006

DaveH20 is on a distinguished road
Living simple

I started out living on a 36' trojan tri-cabin with plenty of room for a single person, Two bathrooms, two single size sleeping areas in the aft over the engines, two in the bow, a full galley and salon with folding dining room table, flat screen tv. Over the years I have added a full pilothouse above so I do not get wet when I go out fishing on the weekend.

This year I salvaged a 45' Sundance barge that sunk on the rocks in a river, and now I'm redoing the whole bottom electrical, plumbing, sheetrock walls. I plan to sell one or the other.

As for living simple, I got rid of a lot of extra baggage when I moved aboard and I found out I really did not need it. I still watch tv but I do not have cable or sattelite just what ever I get for free, I have a cell phone as my home phone. How much does it cost? slip fee is $5000 for the year and includes electric and water, Food maybe $80 a week or around $4000 a year. No taxes insurance $1000 a year Parking is free. and if I don't want to cook I can go to the marina restaurant.
Old 07-13-2006

Surfesq is on a distinguished road
I have a 41 foot Seawolf that I am renovating with the intent of living aboard and cruising...I plan to maintain a condo in town just for convenience and for the sake of my daughter.
Old 08-04-2006

conchcruzer is on a distinguished road
20 months and going strong

Trish and I have been living aboard since December 05. I purchased an Island Packet 40 for a 2-3 year cruise of the Caribbean. We lived aboard dockside for a month and a half in Marco Island, FL before heading across the horizon to start our trip.

I chose a boat that was fully outfitted and in very good condition. With the addition of some charging (wind and solar), she was ready to go. I have had no regrets and no major problems on this boat. Fuel and water tankage are more than adequate. Storage is more than adequate.

With extensive systems, she is a chore to maintain. However, I have the skills and knowledge to do so and generally enjoy it. There have been a few instances of frustration, but I wouldn't do it differently.

I'm 34 and Trish is 33. I worked 80 hours a week, always with the dream in mind, paid cash for the boat, and never looked back.

Cheers,
Dan Forter
S/V Eventyr
www.ipphotos.com/eventyr
Old 08-04-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Ontario 32, currently at Clear Lake, TX, while I finish up refitting and upgrading. Moved aboard mid April, after taking early retirement. Basic plan is to head to Florida in November and sail the East Coast and Carribean with the seasons. Only health issues, or a certain Tar Heel could get me off of here.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

Old 09-12-2006

EagleSailtwo is on a distinguished road
I live alone with my dog Grommit aboard my Gulfstar 43 Mk II ketch on a mooring until mid November then will be dockside until end of March then back on a mooring again....somewhere??..I currently commute daily in a 10' Watertender with 4 hp outboard about 2 miles round trip. The marina has wi-fi and is how I get internet access to write this and is my only link to the news of the world outside.
Old 09-13-2006

Harryeod is on a distinguished road
I moved aboard my 27 foot Cheoy Lee last month. It's a little tight but I am adapting well. I really love this boat, she has a lot character and needs a lot of work. I don't cook, except for the good ole George Forman grill, but right now I have no refigeration so eating out is the norm. I have an ice box but the ice only lasts a little less than two days when it is hot outside. I keep my "going out" clothes in my truck and I find the biggest nusiance is taking a shower; here in Everett it costs 50 cents for 5 minutes if you want a hot shower.
Being single and not very picky about where I live and eat, I find I can manage pretty well aboard this small boat. I am looking for ways and ideas to increase my living and storage space a little, like removing a settee, but I don't want to dork this boat up very much by doing drastic things to the inside.