Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006

svorion is on a distinguished road
My husband and I moved aboard our 38' Choate, as full time liveaboards on July 1st of this year. Although we are still getting used to the limited space to some degree, and still customizing our boat for living not weekending, living the simple life can definately be done! We are working/living aboard for now, in efforts to fund a cruising kitty to travel with in the next few years.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-17-2006

silverheelsIII is on a distinguished road
Niagara 35Mk1 all year liveaboard in Toronto Canada

My wife is 6'2" and we do well with the available headroom and space on our Niagara 35. We've been aboard since Sept '03
Old 10-17-2006

NickL is on a distinguished road
I live on my 33 morgan OI with my girlfriend, and the cat. Life is good very few people live aboard in the marina its very quit, and there are many fish to catch and eat
Old 10-17-2006

Surfesq is on a distinguished road
The October issue of Cruising World is dedicated to Living Aboard and Cruising Full-Time. It is an excellent issue with great information on this topic.
Old 11-15-2006

DouglasYoung is on a distinguished road
Presently living aboard a Formosa 51 in Tacoma Wa. We purchased the boat aprox 6 months ago. So far we are doing very well. We will see what the winter here holds. Angelique is a 51' Formosa CT . She was built in 1978 and has undergone exstensive refit. Almost everything is new and many added toys. She is a center cockpit version and has a huge salon midships. Queen size aft cabin with seperate head/vanity/shower/tub. 4 bunks forward with private accomodations . Head to port and shower/Tub stbd. Galley is along the Port companion way . Walk in engine room. We are still learning her systems and how she handles. So far she has been great. Tacking is a bit rough and has to be done with determination and followthrough. We are having fun cleaning up the odd ends and finishing projects. Looking forward to next years cruising. If your in the area give us a shout we are at the Foss Waterway Marina.

Last edited by DouglasYoung; 11-15-2006 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2006

yzlian is on a distinguished road
I am living on my Pacific Seacraft Crealock 37, by myself, in a marina, in Auckland, New Zealand. The boat is pretty good for 1 person to live in, could be ok for two, but three is too many.
Old 11-18-2006
Coastal Cruiser

Bill Mc is on a distinguished road
Cindy Jo and I presently have a part time live aboard arrangement as our schedules allow. We are typically living aboard 15-18 days a month while preparing our next "Home" for full time status. We still have lots of work to do to get our boat up to snuff for full time cruising. We endevour to be fully independent of shore on our extended cruise of the islands.

Bill & Cindy Jo
S/V Tumbleweed
Hunter Legend 35.5
Old 11-18-2006

ralphhurley is on a distinguished road
You can live on less boat than you think you can.

Have been living aboard with my wife and two cats since April. West Florida Gulf coast is pricey, around $12.50 to $14.00 a foot. We live on a 37ft Morgan and have more than enough space. Seems the boat gets bigger every day. She's beamy, about 12' and has great storage. We plan to go cruising in Feb or March and have a few things in long term storage for the kids and some stuff here in a small U /Haul. Plan to leave one car ashore as our plan is to return here durring hurricane season and work. There are few boats in our marina that are over 40 ft, most cruisers are on 32 to 37 ft vessels. One man has lived on his 32 ft Westsail for 18 years. Since marinas charge by the foot, the smaller the cheaper. Also remember that the price of maintenance goes up as the boat gets larger. Time commited to care of the boat goes up too.
Old 11-19-2006

oceansoul is on a distinguished road
I don't yet live aboard, but I intend to within the next three years. This thread has been an excellent resource and quite enjoyable. Thanks, all.
Old 11-22-2006

moody30 is on a distinguished road
living o a moody 30, before that columbia 28.the golden rule: if you havent used it in the last week, toss it. less is more.