Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009

Rubiayat is on a distinguished road
Trial and error

I have recovered the deck with the original top skin. I am now sanding the entire deck to receive two part poly. I will be happy to share the drawings I have if anyone thinks that they will help. In the bundle are two drawings not related to this boat. Rubiayat is sail #6 and is a yawl. But there is also a sloop rigged 36 for a R. Logan. The date appears to be 1/21/61.

Still can't get the photos to upload.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-09-2009

CreekmoreJohn is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, I've been distracted by much over the past few months and so haven't posted recently. My Creekmore 36, Magic, has been stuck in the slip due to repair efforts on the raw water system intake filter and hose and replacement of fuel filters. I added a second primary filter to help with cleaning the dirty fuel I have. With work, family and other needs that really come first, boat repair has strung out for weeks. One positive note is that our Lake Lanier is nearly at full pool. A year ago we were setting daily records for low water. Makes sailing the lake far more enjoyable when you can look away from the depth gauge for longer than 30 seconds! Hoping to bleed the fuel lines tomorrow and get out on the lake. The sailing season is really just beginning for us. Fall, winter and spring sailing is a little cold but the winds are strong and consistent. Summer sailing is either "bob and bake" or thunderstorms and "down draft" sailing. We have been sailing on my son Mark's J24. It's much lighter (3,000 lbs) and can be fun even in the light summer winds. Hope you guys are well. John
Old 10-13-2009

Scoopy is on a distinguished road
Creekmore 36s

Hello Creekmore John and son, Mark.

It was kind of sad day yesterday as we hauled "Georgia" out of the water for the winter. There has been some frost the last few nights so it is time to winterize the boat. We're hoping for some "Indian summer" so we can get started on some maintenance jobs before we button the boat up for the winter.

We had a lot of good sailing this summer, crossing Lake Michigan to Leland, then north into Lake Charlevoix, then further north to St. James Harbor on Beaver Island. We had our only bad weather while at St. James but we had things to do ashore. Then we crossed Lake Michigan back to ports in Little and Big Bay DeNoc at the north end of the bay of Green Bay. Finally, we headed south to Sturgeon Bay.

We got a new headsail this year, a 135% genoa. "Georgia" is like a new boat. I knew it would be better than before but was amazed at how much better.

Now to put her to bed for the winter and take all the stuff off the boat and store it at home.

Best regards,

Scoopy
Old 10-16-2009

CreekmoreJohn is on a distinguished road
Scoopy, thanks for the update and your voyages this past summer sound great. There are quite a few YouTube's of sailing on Lake Michigan so I have a pretty good vision of life on the Lake. I just recently read about St. James Harbor and Beaver Island. I'm happy to hear about your new headsail. Magic could really use a new set of sails. The mainsail is very stretched out. I have read that the shape would cause a significant amount of weather helm. And we certainly have that on Magic. Our budget says we are going to make do for now. Mark and I did get the fuel filter inserts replaced and the additional filter in place. We now have 30, 10 and 2 micron filtering. Our Perkins fired up and we motored over to the pump out and out on the Lake for awhile. Our sailing season is just starting. This weekend is predicted to be 10 to 15 with gusts to 20 each day and Lake Lanier is above full pool, the first time since early 2005. And it is a strange time of year to be at full pool. Mama has wanted for a year or two a dinghy to motor about the marina. Mark and I tried resurrecting an old Zodiac. That was a disaster. Regluing the seams! It held air nicely but we could never get all the leaks in the floor seams glued. We moved on to looking for a Boston Whaler. We found an 11'4" model in Frankfort, KY and drove up and back in one day to bring it back. Although it is a 1977, it is in good shape. It has a 25 horsepower Evinrude that runs well and we can really scoot about. The Whaler is very stable getting in and out off the dock. I'll post some pictures this week. Creekmore John
Old 10-23-2009

Cailte is on a distinguished road
I thought I was all alone

Hello All,
I am surprised to have stumbled upon this forum, I thought I was all alone. In 1988 I bought a Creekmore 45 hull and partially completed deck in Rhode Island which I had trucked to my place in Southern New Jersey where I spent the next 9 years finishing her out. (She still is not completely finished) I launched her in the late 90's. I live aboard all year round on waterfront property I own in South Jersey. I have taken 5 trips to Maine with her and am planning on many more. The boats name is Cailte. I would love to hear from other Creekmore owners particularly ones with the same boat.
All the Best
Tom Gilmore
Old 02-23-2010

ryann is on a distinguished road
Welcome

Sorry to come to this thread late. I don't have much to add. The picture of a six digit number on the inside of the hull is a Coast Guard documentation number and documented tonnage. I've never seen a hull number on a Creekmore. The closest thing is that sometimes the sail numbers are sequential (or perhaps not).
I don't know much about the 36 other than having seen a few. They are pretty boats.
My own Creekmore 40 is in the back yard, awaiting my sons and savings reaching an appropriate size to go long term cruising (about 3yo I think).
I've been hoping to move the Creekmore site. I don't know how much longer I'll have the account where they are hosted.

I would urge anyone to go to:
creekmoreboats.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Designs
and start entering anything you know. Please feel free to take anything you want off of the existing site.

Best Regards,

-Ryan Neve not affiliated with Creekmore in any way other than owning one)
Old 03-14-2010

John908 is on a distinguished road
Creekmore 45

Hi,
I have a Creekmore 45 "Nerissa" which we have liveaboard in Carriacou, Grenada since October 2009. We have done a lot of work on her and hope to up load a picture of her. We hope to cruise the Caribbean as the winds and inclination takes us.
She was built by Ray Creekmore in 1983 and finished off in Rhode Island being launched in 1986. She has in the past been both ways across the Atlantic and from 1999 was called "Pilgrim" until we renamed her last year.

Last edited by John908; 03-14-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Name change not clear
Old 07-03-2010

denisbb123 is on a distinguished road
Smile Contact

Hi,

My name is Denis Schneider, living in Polynesia. Our boat, a Creekmore 34' is called SHOE SHINE. I got it in 2008, it needs a very important restoration. I want to send it in Auckland New Zealand with a Dockwise vessel in january 2011, but I don't know companys over there. If somebody can help me about this question, it would be very nice!!!
We are very enjoyed to join the Creekmore family, we respect a lot this american boat built in 1978 in Miami, it's why we don't want to mistake.

Faithfully to receive answer,

Denis and Béa
Old 07-13-2010

rkhayes3 is on a distinguished road
Hello All! I just purchased a 34' Creekmore, built by Lee I believe. I am still working on the history; but what I do know is that the original owner is still around and the 2nd owner is the person from whom I bought the boat. they left me a photo album of the boat being built. My understanding is that it was started in the late 70's and launched in 2001 timeframe. If anyone knows how I can confirm this info that would be great. I have a few pics and will post when I have a little more time. the boat name was Szgany, btw. We are re-naming it.
Old 06-06-2011

Spoonman is on a distinguished road
Ray's 48-footer

Well, I guess I should weigh in here, too. Somewhere else on SailNet I posted something about this boat last year when I bought her.

My boat is Kolahoi - she is the only 48' boat Ray made. I bought her in Feb 2010 in Miami and then had her trucked to Pierside Boatworks in Charleston, SC.

The retrofit in this boat is substantial. Fortunately the hull is in great shape and most of the interior is great, too. At the moment I am having all new standing rigging made and am working on repowering. She had a Perkins 4.108 that was underpowered for this 48' 19-ton displacement vessel. I'm looking to go with a Yanmar 75-hp.

This boat, although large, has a centerboard. At the end of last year I had a new centerboard made by Foss Foam in FL (they make hundred of rudders each year for many boat manufacturers).

When I bought her she had no motor, no transmission, no electrical system. All of that seemed manageable. Since that time I have found dozens of other things needing replacement. Bit by bit I am making my way through the project.

I'm hoping Kolahoi will go back in the water some time in September this year. We'll see how that goes.

Spoon