Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011

rkhayes3 is on a distinguished road
joys of owning a boat

spoonman, good luck getting her running! we have spent all kinds of time and money on our 34', but I sure do love it. Probably go bigger on the next one, but she will do for now.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-06-2011

MDcreekmore is on a distinguished road
new creekmore owner

hows it going to everyone my name is dave. I live in maryland and sail the cheasapeake bay. I have resently bought a lee creekmore 30. if any body knew jim edwards I think it use to be his boat. anybody have any info on this boat.
Old 08-07-2011

Hi MDcreekmore,
the original owner of my 34' Creekmore was Jim Edwards. I bought mine from the 2nd owner. You mentioned "knew" jim…has something happened to him?
Old 08-16-2011

MDcreekmore is on a distinguished road
no I never meet the guy. I was just looking for some info on the boat, not talking about jim in the past tense. I ended up with the boat. a friend of mine was renting a slip to this woman. she stopped paying a wouldn't return his calls. after two year of it sitting there, he told me to get it off his property. I did a MD abandoned vessel process with dnr and 2 months and 313 dollars I got a clean MD title
Old 08-16-2011

Lucky you! I love my Creekmore. You should be able to do a search on Google for Lee Creekmore in Georgia. If you can find your hull number - typically on the transom - they can provide info about your boat. good luck
Old 11-07-2011

Pallas Athena is on a distinguished road
creekmore 34 junk ring

Hello i'm new in the forum. i 'm owner of A Creekmore 34 shooner whith junk ring. The name of my boat is Pallas Athena i porchased it at Miami last april.It was built by Lee Crekmore in 1979. somebody can be seen on Miami River. Now it is in Guadeloupe, French antilles. I show you photo later.
Good day
Fabien
Old 01-21-2012
Senior Cruiser

sea_hunter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoopy View Post
I am a part owner of a Creekmore 36 (I measured her and she is 36 ft 11 inches but according to Ryan Neve, a Creekmore 37 was never built). The boat is kept in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin during the summer and in Sturgeon Bay in the winter. We sail Green Bay, Lake Michigan, and North Channel. The boat's name is "Georgia." I would enjoy chatting with other Creekmore owners, particularly with the owners of sister ships.
You have a Creekmore 34. Endeavour built them as a 37. Forget about actual length; we have a "43'" model that's more than 50' without the davits.
Old 10-08-2012

BCM is on a distinguished road
Re: Any Creekmore owners?

Just happened upon this forum. Since 1969, we've owned the first Creekmore "Centerboarder", 36.5' sloop built by Ray in 1957.Third owners. Ray finished her himself to be prototype for a number of hulls to follow which owners could finish themselves. Ours has varnished mahogany cabin trunk and sparse basic interior. Original Daimler Benz diesel runs like new. Hull hand laid cloth with no core. Extremely thick and strong. Ray built a round fiberglass mast and boom with masthead rig. We put in an aluminum mast/boom stepped on keel about 35 years ago, changing to 7/8ths rig which eliminated weather helm and improved sailing immensely. She sails like a dream. We have a copy of Rays original brochure which clearly shows our boat. We've sailed the New England coast for 44 years in this boat. Boat's name is "Nepenthe" from Stonington, CT.
Old 04-05-2013

Creeky is on a distinguished road
Re: Any Creekmore owners?

Wow, I'm glad I did a little searching on Creekmores. I just purchased a 1980 Creekmore 45 that is about 80% complete and launched for the first time ever last October. Her name is Creeky and she is currently located in Boston Harbor. I am trying to dig up what history I can find on the boat as well as any detailed plans or specifications that may be out there. I am also trying to document my progress in the form of a blog when I have time. Please feel free to check it out and provide any comments you might have. Apparently my post count is too low to post an actual link in this forum, but you should be able to decipher this:

aboardcreeky.blogspot dot com

Also, if anyone has any wisdom, tips, or advice for someone jumping into a project this big please let me know. I see that there is a partial wiki page started on these boats, but it would be good to get some more info uploaded at some point. These boats seem to have a pretty cool origin.

- Brendan