Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2003

PastorBob is on a distinguished road
Any Creekmore owners?

I am looking for any Creekmore owners out there. We recently purchased a 45'' Creekmore. We are going to spend the next year refitting the interior (all but the V-birth and the salon). She is out of the water and we bought the stands as well. It is ketch rigged with an 83hp Yanmar. Just looking for some other owners to talk with.
Thanks
pastorlyons@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2007

TortugasLane is on a distinguished road
I have a Creekmore 30 that I am slowly working on. Where are you located? Regards, Jeffrey
jicohen1@hotmail.com
Old 11-22-2008

2J1 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Creekmore

Welcome to the Creekmore family of boats. As is the custom of a Creekmore owner to another to sail up and along side to say Hi and let you know you are not alone and part if that was the case or to talk if at anchor. Many a time we'd see fellow Creekmores and pay them a visit on the water after spying them through binocs. Welcome to the others that will follow. There are owners all around the world so Keep an eye out for that Creekmore logo.
Old 02-13-2009

Scoopy is on a distinguished road
Creekmore 36

I am a part owner of a Creekmore 36 (I measured her and she is 36 ft 11 inches but according to Ryan Neve, a Creekmore 37 was never built). The boat is kept in Egg Harbor, Wisconsin during the summer and in Sturgeon Bay in the winter. We sail Green Bay, Lake Michigan, and North Channel. The boat's name is "Georgia." I would enjoy chatting with other Creekmore owners, particularly with the owners of sister ships.
Old 02-14-2009

xsboats is on a distinguished road
I recently built a hard dodger and replaced decking and part of the cockpit of a Creekmore 45 sloop.The boat sails well, congrats on your purchase.
Old 02-22-2009

CreekmoreJohn is on a distinguished road
Creekmore 36 Owner

It is good to hear from other Creekmore owners out there. I purchased Magic, an early 60's Creekmore 36 with hull number 509038, in May 2006 from St augustine (FL) Yacht Sales. I brought the boat to Lake Lanier near Altanta in NE Georgia. There seems to be two listing for her on the <40' Creekmore Owners page. One of the ads lists her as being built in 1960 but the Coast Guard records I obtained start with 1967 in MA. While the hull was in trremendous shape and th intertior very clean, I have done quite a few projects to make her ready for daily sailing. The post from the Great Lakes region regarding their Creekmore 36 is eciting. The only other 36 I have seen was for sale on Long Island and in terrible shape having been on the hard and unattanded for 7 years. For a couple pictures of Magic: CreekmoreJohn.blogspot.com.
Old 02-23-2009

Creekmore 36s

Hello Creekmore John,

I have measured my "Creekmore 36" as 36 ft 11 inches. Strange that they would call it a "36." The beam measurement is 10 ft 0 inches. According to Ryan Neve's web site for Creekmores, there were only 36s and 38s. How does yours measure?

Where did you find the hull number?

Different "documents" say ours was built in 1962 or 1963 (none of the definitive).

I would be happy to exchange photos with you, particularly of the interior layout but perhaps more tellingly the hull shape at distinctive points.

I've got Skype and would be willing to call you and talk as long as you can stand it!

Looking forward to a reply.

Scoopy
Old 02-27-2009

Magic Hull, Interior and Sailing

Any Creekmore owners?-magic-hull-keel-dscf0978.jpg

Any Creekmore owners?-magic-interior-boat-10-29-2006-007.jpg

Any Creekmore owners?-magic-interior-b-dscf1018.jpg

Any Creekmore owners?-magic-sailing-11-3-2007-263.jpg

Any Creekmore owners?-magic-sailing-11-3-2007-265.jpg

Scoopy, sorry for the slow response. I have attached a few pictures of Magic. We have never measured Magic but compared to the newer boats on the dock in the 36' range, Magic feels small. The 9'8" beam is believable. The interior of Magic seems to have never been completely finished. One of the pictures of Magic shows a roller furling head sail. Not there anymore so who knows where it went. The hull number is not on the stern of the boat as are the hull numbers of boats built beginning with 1972. Magic'c hull is embedded in the interior aft wall on the starboard side. The numbers are maybe 4-5 " high. It also says NET 11, which is a reference to the displacement of the boat in some way. I'll send another comment with a picture of the hull number. We do you live and where is your boat? How long have you owned her and do now her history.
Old 02-27-2009

Magic Hull Number

Any Creekmore owners?-magic-hull-number-creekmore4.22.06-061.jpg

Magic Hull Number
Old 02-27-2009

Creekmore 36s

Hello Creekmore John,

I live in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. The name of my boat is "Georgia" -- named after the three men named George who were the original owners of the boat (a partnership). In summer, the boat is docked in Egg Harbor. In winter, the boat is stored in Sturgeon Bay.

Thanks for the photos. The interior layout is quite different. From the picture of "Magic" under sail, I see many similarities but also some differences: tiller steering, hatch on the deck aft of the mast, dorade vents.

I can't see enough detail to tell if you have a centerboard pennant that comes out of the cabin house roof aft of the mast (but forward of the hatch on your boat).

I have been back along the starboard side, aft, below the deck many times and have never seen evidence of a hull number. I will certainly look more carefully the next time I am there. If the numbers were embossed into the hull, it would have been impossible not to have noticed them.

I will look through my collection of photos to see if I can find some that will show you features of "Georgia" that would help us to make comparisons.

I would really like to have the opportunity to exchange more information. We can continue like this, or go at via private e-mail exchanges, or do it by telephone. What would be comfortable for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Scoopy