SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Living Aboard (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/)
-   -   Moving aboard in San Diego (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/living-aboard/89851-moving-aboard-san-diego.html)

boating2go 07-18-2012 10:46 AM

Moving aboard in San Diego

We are very anxious to be back aboard, made the deal over the week-end and should be back on board by the 1st of October. We bought a 1973 45 foot Columbia sailboat, which we found on the classifieds on Sailnet, and are very happy about it.

The owner has done a lot of work to the boat and it shows. Looks almost like it did when it came out of the yard the 1st time. New hull paint, new house paint, most items overhauld, and mechanics are in good condition. So we are happy to have found and purchased her.

We'll be living in San Diego, transferrable live aboard slip, for a few years until we are comfortable with the boat. We lived aboard a power boat for years but new to the sailboat lifestyle. We have a lot to learn about sailing and have made arrangements for instructions.

It feels great to be moving back aboard, living on the mud is not as fun.

I'll be hanging around the forum and asking questions. Posting when I think I can offer good suggestions.

zedboy 07-18-2012 04:36 PM

I for one am shocked by your lack of manners.

Weren't you raised that every such post must be accompanied by pix for the rest of us to drool over?

Honestly, civilization really is going to pot.

poopdeckpappy 07-18-2012 06:06 PM

Really, doesn't even say which Marina he'll be in

Bad manners, just bad

miatapaul 07-18-2012 08:53 PM

Re: Moving aboard in San Diego

Quote:

Originally Posted by poopdeckpappy (Post 898256)
Really, doesn't even say which Marina he'll be in

Bad manners, just bad

Yea, and no offers of free beer for any local members.

zeehag 07-18-2012 09:43 PM

dayummmmmm!!! what is this world coming to.....tsk tsk......we want pix and marina name...
btw--welcome, hello and sounds good.

boating2go 07-19-2012 12:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by miatapaul (Post 898325)
Yea, and no offers of free beer for any local members.

I am truly chastised and apologize sincerely!!! I hope the benevolent members of the forum will forgive my lack of manners. cough, cough, cough. Seem to have something caught in my throat.

Here is the picture, marina information will come later when all papers are signed, all the i s dotted, and all the t s crossed. We will definitely be aboard September 1st though and you may stop by with beer or wine and anything else you care to bring. lol I'll be glad to get together with all locals, will provide details later.

MitchSD 11-28-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boating2go (Post 898392)
I am truly chastised and apologize sincerely!!! I hope the benevolent members of the forum will forgive my lack of manners. cough, cough, cough. Seem to have something caught in my throat.

Here is the picture, marina information will come later when all papers are signed, all the i s dotted, and all the t s crossed. We will definitely be aboard September 1st though and you may stop by with beer or wine and anything else you care to bring. lol I'll be glad to get together with all locals, will provide details later.

Looks great! Best of luck, please keep updating on how everything is going. I am very interested in any tips on living aboard in SD. I live here in SD currently and am boat shopping. Planing on first getting the boat then getting a slip probably in Chula while I wait for a mooring in the harbor to open up (probably gonna be noisey Laurel St because that's the only mooring with less than a 3 year waiting list), but really open to any advice and tips you or anyone has about getting situated.

Heinous 11-29-2012 07:58 AM

Good place to do it.

MitchSD 11-29-2012 12:34 PM

Well I think America's Cup Harbor would be the best place to getting a mooring but that's a 3 year waiting list. :(

sww914 11-29-2012 03:32 PM

I thought that in San Diego you were obligated to throw a raging party and get kicked out of the Kona Kai as a housewarming party.