Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004

catrina is on a distinguished road
Liveaboard Washington DC

Brad,
I am curious to know how things worked out for you.

Anyone,
I am in a similar situation, looking for marina for livaboard in Wash DC area. I know there are several marinas in DC and also Alexandria VA, also what about Nothern Neck, the VA Chesapeake, or Southern MD? I am new to sailing, this will be my first boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-30-2004

Katmantoo is on a distinguished road
Liveaboard Washington DC

Yes, you can liveaboard at Gangplank in DC. but you must buy a boat with current liveaboard status to bypass the waiting list. The seller can not guarantee you liveaboard status but if you have any money and decent credit, the dockmaster will not refuse you.

At any given time there are numerous boats for sale. Now, I know about the following: my 32 PDQ catamaran, a handful of houseboats in various states of repair (i.e. some can be had for a pittance if you''re handy), a barge house (like Sleepless in Seattle), several very nice trawlers... you get the picture.

Life at Gangplank has its challenges (there are two nightclubs that several docks have to contend with on weekend evenings, for example) but the good security, floating docks, winter water, and never-fail electric power do much to make up for them.
Old 08-30-2004

Katmantoo is on a distinguished road
Liveaboard Washington DC

Yes, you can liveaboard at Gangplank in DC. but you must buy a boat with current liveaboard status to bypass the waiting list. The seller can not guarantee you liveaboard status but if you have any money and decent credit, the dockmaster will not refuse you.

At any given time there are numerous boats for sale. Now, I know about the following: my 32 PDQ catamaran, a handful of houseboats in various states of repair (i.e. some can be had for a pittance if you''re handy), a barge house (like Sleepless in Seattle), several very nice trawlers... you get the picture.

Life at Gangplank has its challenges (there are two nightclubs that several docks have to contend with on weekend evenings, for example) but the good security, floating docks, winter water, and never-fail electric power do much to make up for them.
Old 01-19-2007

phunktified is on a distinguished road
Liveaboard Washington DC

Katmantoo - I am interested in purchasing a houseboat or barge to liveaboard at the Gangplank marina in DC. Do you have any additional info about who to contact (name of broker) or should I just head over to the office?
I've lived in the DC area for 14 years, on both sides of the river, and now I'm ready to live on the water. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 01-24-2007
Sailing Junkie

ehmanta is on a distinguished road
Phunktified, the post you responded to is two and a half years old.....