Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Cruising & Liveaboard Forum > Living Aboard
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Re: Opposition to liveaboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Well all I can report is that in Marlboro, though I don't currently live there, I did look at a few houses there and know several people who do live there is going up way more than the 2%, as there are lots of loop holes, and it has to do with the Danskammer Generating Station and Roseton Generating Stations owner Dynegy failing to pay proper taxes the city of Marlboro and Newburgh are raising there taxes way more than 2%.

Well it is a home as per tax laws as far a mortgage interest is concerned. In certain sates you pay property tax on all "personal property" including boats as I mentioned NH is one of those states so they do pay property tax yearly on boats.
It could be that the tax base changed because the power Co. defaulted, upping everyone's taxes. When a large taxpayer goes away, somebody has to pay the bill.
Old 01-05-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphny View Post
It could be that the tax base changed because the power Co. defaulted, upping everyone's taxes. When a large taxpayer goes away, somebody has to pay the bill.
Yes, and it will only get worse as I know several people already planning on walking away from there houses, as they were barely able to pay as it was.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-13-2013

Ravenhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by treilley View Post
We pay the same amount as everyone else here. Our marina meters electricity in the winter but that is for every boat that stays in the water.

Only two manias left in town that allow year round live aboards. I think they will do whatever they can to get the extra revenue in the off season.
....I wish i can find a marina like that in New york....preferably on long Island....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook