Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > US Northeast > Long Island
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2009

nk235 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsCAL View Post
Actually both the Steamboat Landing (now called the Wharf at Steamboat Landing) and the Hideaway are open. Steamboat Landing was never closed and the Hideaway just reopened. They are actually located in Glen Cove Marina which is at the end of Glen Cove Creek.
I was actually just talking to my buddy about this an hour ago as he keeps his small power boat in that harbor. We planned to sail my boat there the 2nd week in June to stay at Steamboat landing and get some food. Can't wait as I havn't been there in my own boat yet.
Old 06-02-2009

SOUNDBOUNDER is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsCAL View Post
Actually both the Steamboat Landing (now called the Wharf at Steamboat Landing) and the Hideaway are open. Steamboat Landing was never closed and the Hideaway just reopened. They are actually located in Glen Cove Marina which is at the end of Glen Cove Creek.
I think it was the bar or nightclub that kept getting closed down there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-04-2009

danielgoldberg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjablonowski View Post
In New Rochelle's Echo Bay, the On the Waterfront restaurant Restaurant Row - Restaurant Detailis now promoting its Dock and Dine capability. The place is in the elevated parking lot above the Municipal Marina. When I called, I was told to tie up at the gas dock and proceed upstairs.
I know that place relatively well. Locally, it's known as "On the Parking Lot." If you go, you'll understand why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-17-2009

justified is on a distinguished road
If you are in Westbrook it's gotta be Bills. It's the place to be after a DIYC race, and standing room only

Drink up my mates oh ho!!
Old 01-23-2010

Culinary411 is on a distinguished road
The Crabshell in Stamford is actually a great place. Cheap and a true dock and dine just like Louies in Port Washington but with pretty good food and a loud music and party atmosphere all night long. I spent a couple days there and we had a good time pretty cheap. There are a few others in the same harbor but I didn't visit them.
Old 06-12-2010

jjablonowski is on a distinguished road
Pier Restaurant in Rye Playland

The dinghy dock is still under construction, but a new place has opened in Playland Park, Rye, N.Y., called Pier Restaurant & Tiki Bar.

It's on the site of the old Captain Hook fast-food joint, but much enlarged. Run by proprietors of Seaside Johnny's in neighboring Oakland Beach, Rye.

The dinghy dock will be on the south side of the old steamboat pier, on the side that faces the swimming beach. Looks like Playland Park management has removed the six mooring balls it had put in (and never maintained) many years ago, which were on the north side of the pier.

Edit: Dinghy dock now reportedly completed. See new post further on in thread.

Write-up from local paper is here.

Last edited by jjablonowski; 07-02-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Update
Old 06-18-2010

fixxxer0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjablonowski View Post
The dinghy dock is still under construction, but a new place has opened in Playland Park, Rye, N.Y., called Pier Restaurant & Tiki Bar.

It's on the site of the old Captain Hook fast-food joint, but much enlarged. Run by proprietors of Seaside Johnny's in neighboring Oakland Beach, Rye.

The dinghy dock will be on the north side of the old steamboat pier, opposite the side that faces the swimming beach. Looks like Playland Park management has removed the six mooring balls it had put in (and never maintained) many years ago.

Edit: The dinghy dock is NOT under construction. Work underway is routine maintenance to the steamboat dock. A more-recent visit from the shore side shows no progress on the proposed dighy dock, and a fence still blocks access from the landing beach on the north side of the steamboat pier.

Write-up from local paper is here.
This is supposedly opening tomorrow, according to the gentleman i spoke with today.

I wasn't aware it was a dinghy dock... I was hoping to bring my boat in there but after looking at the charts im kinda worried about it.
Old 06-21-2010

JimsCAL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justified View Post
If you are in Westbrook it's gotta be Bills. It's the place to be after a DIYC race, and standing room only

Drink up my mates oh ho!!
+1 for Bill's!! Good seafood at reasonable prices. You can walk from Pilots Point, tie up at the town dock and walk, or dingy in to their dock right on the river just past the "singing bridge". Done it all three ways.
Old 07-02-2010

jjablonowski is on a distinguished road
Pier Restaurant & Tiki Bar, Rye Playland

Mentioned new restaurant (opened May 2010) in an earlier post. On the boardwalk at Rye Playland, Westchester County, New York, just south of the Connecticut border.

Manager reports now that 'around 20' mooring balls have been put in place in front of the swimming beach, and that a launch operated by driver Rich serves the moorings from a dinghy dock attached via stairs to bottom of the (tall) steamboat pier.

Launch reportedly operates noon to 10 pm 7 days a week. (However, service is closed for the Fourth of July Weekend due to fireworks displays.) VHF channel is supposed to be posted on a sign in the mooring field.
Old 06-03-2014

fsp421 is on a distinguished road
Re:Pier Restaurant & Tiki Bar- Dock & Dine, Western L.I.Sound

I remember moorings and launch service last year or two.
Does anyone know if they still have moorings and launch for 2014 season?

Any other dock and dine suggestions are always welcome in these areas.