SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Long Island (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/long-island/)
-   -   Long Island - Sailing through the winter again (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/long-island/80886-long-island-sailing-through-winter-again.html)

Bene505 11-18-2011 03:44 AM

Long Island - Sailing through the winter again

After some keel and bottom work, our boat will be going back in the water soon. We are keeping her in Port Washington with a trip or two to Stamford CT and many afternoon sails locally.

Really looking forward to sailing through the winter. If anyone wants to go for a sail, please let me know.

I know WanderingStar help get me on the water one winter when my boat was on land; I'm returning the favor to others.

Regards,
Brad

WanderingStar 11-18-2011 09:51 AM

Ahhh, yer mad!
But I'll be wintering in too. Hope for less snow this year.

HUGOSALT 11-18-2011 03:41 PM

" Ahhh, yer mad!"
Certainly...certifiable...err..count me in!
Brad, let me know if you need a hand in your repositioning
cruise across the bay.
Hugo

csalatti 11-19-2011 08:55 AM

Crazy(?) Too

I too will be able to sail through the winter. I am using a 21' oday out of Oyster Bay. So if you ever head east toward Lloyd pt. we may cross paths. We will be the small boat with 3 guys huddled around the tiller, clutching a cup of hot rum like a life line.
But the alternative of not sailing for 3-4months is much more depressing. I know some people get seasonal light disorder. I get SAD (Sailing Absent Disorder). I want to start a lobbying to get the medical community to officailly recognize this condition. Maybe I can get my insurance company to pay for my dock fees.

-Shivering Sailors Unite!

Chris

BarryL 11-19-2011 04:01 PM

Hi Guys,

My boat got hauled last Tuesday, and I unloaded the gear and winterized the water system today :(

So, if you guys want a hand, please let me know.

John, I could be available mid week on short notice, so don't be shy about sending me an email, text, or calling.

Barry

Sail The World 11-19-2011 04:19 PM

hey everyone,

i'm by huntington bay and my boat is under a tarp for the winter, but i'd love to get out on the water. i'm new to the forum and also still a little bit of a greenhorn at sailing but i'm no stranger to the water and if worse comes to worse i can swim like a champ :rolleyes:.

if any fellow Long Islanders need winter crew for daysailing I'd be most happy to lend a hand!

Jay

WanderingStar 11-20-2011 09:48 AM

Getting underway today, by noon I think.
"Sailing Absent Disorder". I call it landsickness, the discomfort one feels from staying too long on solid ground.

dcarey 11-22-2011 12:16 AM

Hey, it's Captain Dave. Spent 1/1/11 with you and had a great sail to Stamford for lunch. Would love to do it again in 012. Big bonfire planned for New Years Eve... so it may not be 1/1/12. Will try to line up another time. Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and may you keep wind in your sails.

justified 11-24-2011 08:19 PM

Brad
Its Capt. Peter Daves brother. that was a great time last New years I think it should be a tradition. I'm around would love to go . PM me or call.
Hope you had a great summer.
Peter

liveincolor 03-24-2012 12:34 AM

Re: Long Island - Sailing through the winter again

Brad, where did you end up going for your haul out and repair work ? I'm up for a sail sometime. Hope you and the family are well.

Chris