Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > Looking for Companionship...
 Not a Member? 

Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2013

randsail is on a distinguished road
Re: Male crew wanted: Must be buff!

Hello out there ladies. Im a seaworthy mate in all areas. Im 54 and a true gentleman who is looking for an adventure. However Im just about broke .Financially that is. Morally, Integrity ways Im one of the wealthiest. Ive always had my own money being self employed all my life except for four years in the Marines. It appears after reflection My money saving skills couldn't keep up with my dreaming. Now don't get me wrong I always paid the bills, never missed a payroll in 13 years. You see business wasn't enough for me. The money I made went to the dreams I had. Reguardless of the fact some of them didn't work out, at least I tried. Now you would think that at my age Im ready to learn a lesson, not so Imready for an adventure, and I know I can carry my weight, just need the right gal or boat to show me the way -----Rand
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-13-2013

thesailor54 is on a distinguished road

I am a 59 year young non-drinker, non-smoker male living here in Michigan but am ready to pull up stakes and see what is over the horizon. It seems that I am headed to the Cape Coral, Florida area in just a short time. Nothing is locked in and that could always change for the right person. I am looking to exchange physical/mental labor capabilities to a female sailboat owner that is looking for someone to travel with on new adventures. Perhaps your landlocked days are coming to an end but you desire help or assistance to get your sailboat to where you want it or on some other projects. I have 40 years knowledge and experience as a Certified Master Technician on the repair of GM cars and trucks. I have 15 years and more experience in home and marine wiring, plumbing and remodeling as a landlord/maintenance person and sailboat owner. I had a woodshop where I was able to manufacture home cabinetry and other household furnishings but have since shut the doors. I can service a lot of onboard computer and electronics equipment problems and do hardware/software removal and installations. I have 25+ years experience/knowledge in sailing the Great Lakes of the US and Canada in up to 40 foot sloop/cutter rigged vessels as a crew member and a solo sailor. I also have from Bow to Stern sailboat repair experience and knowledge. I completely rebuilt a 1975 Hunter sloop from bow to stern and from keel to the "Windex". I guess I was born with lots of mechanical abilities. Do I sound like a "first mate" that could help you towards your destination? I might just be the traveling companion that you are looking for.
Old 12-13-2013
Tartan 27' owner

CalebD will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
That being said...

Just kidding!!!! Couldn't resist! lol
Guys, the original poster also posted the above quote.
She was poking fun at all the threads posted by men seeking single women for crew.

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-19-2013

Peterxxxx is on a distinguished road

Hi

Im interested
Peter +358 40 5517 338
peterc.lindeberg@gmal.com
Old 12-19-2013

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

so, you figure you're buffnuff?
Old 12-19-2013

xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about xort has a spectacular aura about

Would you like to inspect my rig? Mast has a gentle pre-bend to enhance performance upwind. Stiff in a good breeze.
Old 01-17-2014
mermaid

RunningRabbit is on a distinguished road
Male crew wanted: Must be buff!

I just don't see why it has to be a joke. Everyone loves youth and beauty. Yes, I think the 65+ guys with beer guts who think they are a gift to a 20-something (or even a 40-something) are delusional and appreciate the joke. However, I'm looking for a young, buff, free-spirited, floppy-haired sailor who can double as the windlass. Is that so wrong?
Old 01-26-2014

L124C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningRabbit View Post
I just don't see why it has to be a joke. Everyone loves youth and beauty. Yes, I think the 65+ guys with beer guts who think they are a gift to a 20-something (or even a 40-something) are delusional and appreciate the joke. However, I'm looking for a young, buff, free-spirited, floppy-haired sailor who can double as the windlass. Is that so wrong?
No....Not if you can get him. Otherwise, you are as "delusional" as the rest of us!
Old 02-21-2014
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Running Rabit - is that Avitar your real photo? If so, you should have no problem finding what you're looking for. I have a daughter older than you - she can't find one that's worth a damned, though.

Now, if you want to sail to the Florida Keys, Dry Tortugas and Bahamas next year with a dirty old man that's a great cook, pretty good musician and singer, loves Margarettas after 5 p.m., I'm your guy.

Gary
miatapaul likes this.
Old 02-23-2014
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough

My mother had a plaque in her kitchen that read;

"Dirty Old Women Need Love Too"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.