SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Looking for Companionship... (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/looking-companionship/)
-   -   Male crew wanted: Must be buff! (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/looking-companionship/100612-male-crew-wanted-must-buff.html)

shadowraiths 06-19-2013 09:36 PM

Male crew wanted: Must be buff!

I wanna sail my rig. I have come to the conclusion that she needs some help. She is somewhat new to this... doesn't know how to dock worth a hill of beans. And her non-sail power is a little 8HP four stroke mercury that's a pain in the butt to lower bc it doesn't really fit in the transom cutout very well.

She has a great sense of humor however. For example, when you push the tiller port-side, she heads starboard. She seems to have two main sails and one jib. Who woulda thunk?

She has a ton of stuff that must be packed away before heading out and she's a tad shy, so no going out the gate or blue water sailing for her for now. In fact, she would prefer to stay in the estuary for starters. See how things go. Preferably during the week bc the estuary tends to be empty... which gives her plenty of room to spread her sails. Or... just chillax, anchor out for a BBQ and enjoy the sun.

Be warned however, she is in dire need of a haul out but that prolly won't happen until the winter. In the meantime, she has regularly scheduled bottom cleaning.

Since she already has a woman's touch (moi), am thinking she could use a man's touch. You know the sort. Buff sailor types that don't reek of alcohol. That is, no drunken sailors so early in the mornin. Granted, she's an older model rig. One might argue that she is even an antique. Though, once you get her out on open water it's hard to tell bc she sails like a charm and has even been known to surprise some of the manliest men.

That being said...

Just kidding!!!1! Couldn't resist! lol

CalebD 06-19-2013 10:10 PM

Re: Male crew wanted: Must be buff!

All that this early morning drunken sailor can say is: "It's about darn time one of you ladies made a mock post like this!"

Your rig, she sounds sweet. Is she a fabrication too?
If I recall correctly you were still in the "looking" phase of buying a boat, but I've been wrong before...

shadowraiths 06-19-2013 10:20 PM

Have my rig. A 1972 Catalina C27. Have been living on her for a little over a year and a half. And absolutely loving it! Though, I'm thinking of changing her name to "Jury Rig." That, or "Chance Unknown. I admittedly favor the latter.

CalebD 06-20-2013 12:22 AM

Now I remember. You are in SF bay enjoying the live-aboard life.
Good for you!

Now, if you had asked for: "Must know how to buff." instead of "Must be buff." you'd probably get a lot more replies!
;-!>

avenger79 06-21-2013 04:04 PM

I don't know. a lot of us older guys are in pretty good shape....as long as you think of round as a shape. LOL

blt2ski 06-23-2013 03:07 AM

AH......only GCB's apply! not me...........LOLOL

SimonV 06-23-2013 04:03 AM

Drinking Rum before 10am makes you a Pirate NOT an alcohlic

Minnewaska 06-23-2013 08:54 AM

Drunken sailors, early in the morning, are easy to deal with. Don't limit yourself. You either....

put 'em in a long boat till he's sober, or

shave his belly with a rusty razor, or

put him in the bed with the Captain's daughter.

Fixed. Everyone knows this. :)

MarkofSeaLife 06-23-2013 11:58 AM

I'm buff. Go to the gym. Dont drink before 5pm.

Single.

Only problem is I make a little smell now and again that on a 27 footer would blow the hatches out.

Would this be OK?

arvicola-amphibius 07-19-2013 08:07 PM

BUFF down under stands for Big Ugly Fat ****er. Is that what you are looking for?
I was good once, now I am as good once as I always was.
And I am no alcoholic. Alcoholics attend meetings. I never go to meetings.