UM, Never hurts to ask, Seeking a Mature Lady that loves sailing as much as I do - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > Looking for Companionship...
 Not a Member? 

Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

Like Tree13Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2013
Captain La

lsmoske is on a distinguished road
UM, Never hurts to ask, Seeking a Mature Lady that loves sailing as much as I do

bwalker42 and zeehag like this.

Last edited by lsmoske; 08-22-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: add age
Old 08-21-2013
Banned

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UM, Never hurts to ask, Seeking a Mature Lady that loves sailing as much as I do

I sincerely hope you find your Admiral! Good luck hunting! Or fishing
Old 08-21-2013
Captain S/V Triumph

DougSabbag is on a distinguished road
Re: UM, Never hurts to ask, Seeking a Mature Lady that loves sailing as much as I do

Go to your local strip joint. Amongst those women you might find one tough enough and desperate enough to live on a boat.

I am deadly serious. What can it hurt!? :-)

Worked for me a number of years back.
Old 08-21-2013
Captain S/V Triumph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmoske View Post
MMM, Interesting concept, but what would we talk about???? Seriously, I have really never been one for bars or strip clubs. But am open to alternative ideas. Thank you for your suggestion. Actually no strip clubs even close to here, very upscale. Fair winds, Captain La
Well, since you can't think of what to talk about with a woman, I can now see why you are "seeking".... :-)

Just talk about whatever you feel like talking about. Be yourself. Either your conversation is, or is not, interesting to her.

OPEN UP AROUND WOMEN! Talk about the watch she has on, her shoes, her eyes, the food, the Red Sox.... whatever / just talk!

It is sort of like winning at a lottery. You are absolutely guaranteed to lose if you do not buy a ticket.
Atlas likes this.
Old 08-21-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about

"MMM, Interesting concept, but what would we talk about???? "
Hadn't you heard, strippers are almost inevitably rummy fans. And they never hang out in strip clubs or bars, that's WORK. That would be like you hanging out in the office after hours.
Find a pole dancer, tell her how big the mast is on a sailboat. (VBG)
Old 08-22-2013
Captain S/V Triumph

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmoske View Post
So that this thread does not degenerate further, One of my beliefs is "Smart is Always Sexy" nuff said.
OK so how is that working out for you? Apparently not so good.

I have known some well educated women who selected to accept the $1000 a day to show off their physical assets to the trained seals who stand there throwing dollars at them.

Which is "smarter", a woman earning $50K a year as an accountant, or
$100K - part time - just smiling at you?

Both could have the same exact diploma on their wall.

You are limiting your options at your own expense, through assumptions.

And back to the initial goal: A woman who will live onboard your sailboat.

I dated from Boston to Fort Lauderdale, back in my late 30s - 40s, with a nice 50 footer to show, a Mercedes to drive, and I am a gentleman too.

The accountants and RNs liked the sailboat for the weekend, but not on Monday morning.

The strippers I met, appreciated my NOT looking down my nose at them, (unlike your current view of them), and appreciated me being a gentleman who would handle their career choice! They also loved sailing!

Sure, you would have to weed through the strippers to find a viable one, but is that really too painful of a task? :-)

You have to think differently since you are offering such a different lifestyle.

Good luck.
jerryrlitton likes this.
Old 08-22-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

And sailboats come with a built in dance pole! It's perfect!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 08-22-2013

capttb is on a distinguished road

My buddy had a girl friend who always referred to herself as an "exotic dancer", like what says I one night, Hula or belly dancing ?
His answer, no you idiot, she's a stripper.
a rose by any name is still a rose.
jerryrlitton likes this.

Last edited by capttb; 08-22-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2013

cookiesammy is on a distinguished road

interested in your post,get back to me if you are also interested,lol
Old 09-05-2013
Captain La

lsmoske is on a distinguished road

Hello there, If you are serious, by all means get back to me. Just looking for a companion, a lot of boat for me to keep running by myself. I deleted a lot of what was originally there, because I did not like the direction that the post's were going. lscarguy96@gmail.com Currently sailing towards New York, layover day today, unsettled weather and maintenance. Be well, Captain La