SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

im sure the odds of finding a women to date on here is, 1 ina mill

24K views 88 replies 32 participants last post by  rckfd 
#1 · (Edited)
yea just noticed the "companionship" thread, and for some reason, i had to laugh because we sailors are lonely ol sea dogs, and the odds of finding fm companionship here is prob 1 in 10, million, but a dating site for sailors, would b a good idea, because we are not normal, and lubbers, have nooo idea how to deal with us!

#29 · (Edited)
naaw frustration atnotbeing able to read the stuff of the posts..... wouldnt load properly.. we have band width issues her ein mexico..seems very few places offer unlimitedbandwidth..usa does...where else...as it is not available in mexico. vwen buy by the gb..is difficult to make some sites load..this is one, sbo is another, cf,,,all with mucho advertising banner stuffies.
could make finding a sweetie a lil more difficult, as it limits the cruising folks can do online.....

did i stitch that in well enough...lol

#32 · (Edited)
wow this bandwidth mayhem has made me go four times to reply on this one...lol not able to load pages....

as far as women with boats and men without them..i have found that with some of these men, there is a reason why they havent boats..lol you dont even wannna go there....i already vetted em..not worthy, a sad state of ......
i had thunk for a spell that a man sin boat would be a good idea...but ...... eeps, is scary.

i am still open to a worthy male without a boat, rare as hens teeth, actually, kinda like needle in a haystack, or a single sailing female with own boat...lol :eek:

so i will listen to mark knopfler and mess around with my boats.... he sings the best waterman songs, including singlehanded sailor.....trawlermans song.....and more....and his guitar work is inimitable.....

#33 · (Edited)
Zee, I would sing to you, play music for you (that's what I do for a living) I'm a great cook, I scrub, clean, do dishes, do the laundry, catch and clean fish, can stand watches, all the good stuff, but alas, I've been married all my life - I'm sure I was born married because I cannot remember when I wasn't. ;)

I've met a lot of the ladies on this forum, all have been very, very nice, I've sailed with Captain Melissa, we had lots of fun together in the Florida Keys, and she introduced me to three other charming, sailing ladies while I was there. I've met Donna, Sherry, Christine, and many other ladies, and by and large, they're all married too. Good sailors, and would love to have them in my crew anytime they wish.

Zee, I would love to fly down to Mexico and go sailing with you, no strings attached, but my loving spouse of 51 years would put a bullet in me (She's a good shot with a rifle and handgun.)

Now, in 2015, if any of you sailing ladies that don't currently own a boat want to sail from the Chesapeake's upper reaches down to Marathon, Key West, Dry Tortugas and maybe the Bahamas, no strings attached, this dirty old man would love to have you along. The boat is very large inside, all the amenities, you get your own bunk, and the planned departure date is October 1st 2015.

Think about it,

Gary :cool:

#35 ·
Zee..I have to agree about mark knopfler...great song...and alot else youve said here...re: men and bandwidth for that matter...frustrating....but i might have that solved for me. After years with no laptop on boat....i finally got my house bank upgraded to run it....new panel and all...and the thing dies on me...so now its smartphone....little keyboard and alot less draw than laptop...i could get used to this...not sure if theres an analogy there.....just could not help but reply to this thread though....tis all tongue in cheek...cheers all

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

#37 ·
Ouch....i know people with boxes of splashed phones,...i have only lost one...
Saved my bag....before i splashed...
But my cell was in my jacket pocket,.....i keep a cheap phone to use in dink ..

This smart phone was a gift...and i am so hooked now would hate to lose it,.
Web and music....and you know...lol oh well the cheap repairs thread got me fired up to work on my boat more..
.actually got stuff done ...yesterday,..
Oh well...its all good,...cheers

#39 ·
On reflection i guess ive lost three phones....but not ads a result of 3 splashes..only one in the water...two other times just water in the dink... i know there is a reason i carry a cheap phone..in the dink... the tide runs through here like a train...

#49 ·
Jeez Gary. it sounds like you're a bit late out of the gate on this one. Mrs D doesn't appear to either trained or forgiving.Maybe accept the situation. It's pretty obvious you can't trust anyone here on SN to not blow the whistle. I'd like to take this opportunity to regale you all with some of my (pre internet) adventures in the field of catch and release but it would only make some of you crazy with envy. Suffice to say my bait of a nice looking tall ship and 6'7" 230 ib skipper made the jigging easy. I snagged my latest keeper about 19 years ago.

#55 ·
Searching for a girl here, is rather fruitless. Finding one here, is a different story. That can happen here, just as it happens elsewhere.

Reactions: 156680
#56 ·
searching makes you appear desperate.... neither man nor woman enjoys a desperate soul.. they are clingy and unpleasant.
\
try no longer looking as that usually seems to work best..
pretend you have someone so you look and seem to be acceptable, then just be you.
lol is difficult for some to be self..lol but if you are not self, who are you and how will you be able to carry on a relationship.......

#57 ·
Zeehag says: "searching makes you appear desperate.... neither man nor woman enjoys a desperate soul.."

^^^While this may be true, I don't see anything wrong with putting it out there that you are 'available'.

Reactions: 156680 and ketch05
#58 ·
Have to respect that the OP did pony up photos when Zee called folks out to do it. But pix of my Perkins 4-108 for serious inquiries only. ;)

I don't know how often these forums lead to romance, but the "bow bunny wanted" ads by old guys with beer guts are always a good laugh. I may find a cute guy to double as a windlass yet, you never know.

One night, maybe a year ago, I drank too much wine and made a LoveSail account. I woke up with a hangover and an inbox full of introductions. Not from the hot, floppy-haired guys the site teases you with, but from guys old enough to be my father! In addition to the general challenge that there are 10 liveaboard guys for every single mermaid, most of those guys are a generation too old for me. No one's gonna cry me a river, I know.

I figure I'll drag anchor into the love of my life when I least expect it.

Attachments

#59 ·

I figure I'll drag anchor into the love of my life when I least expect it.
That's the way it happened with me. I stopped looking and BOOM.

On the third date he offered to re-wire my first boat. It didn't catch fire so I kept him. Ten years and counting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.