im sure the odds of finding a women to date on here is, 1 ina mill - Page 4 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > Looking for Companionship...
 Not a Member? 

Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2014

Capt Len is on a distinguished road
Re: im sure the odds of finding a women to date on here is, 1 ina mill

Zee ,Glad you had a chuckle.It was supposed to be funny. My sense of humour ,I'm told, is one of the aspects that makes me special.
zeehag likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2014
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiaoaehe View Post
I am a single sailing woman looking for a single sailing man without a boat. I have issues with giving up my boat. So still looking. This biz with RH realy brings home fact that both must be into sailing cruising. Hi All

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Tapatalk

wow this bandwidth mayhem has made me go four times to reply on this one...lol not able to load pages....

as far as women with boats and men without them..i have found that with some of these men, there is a reason why they havent boats..lol you dont even wannna go there....i already vetted em..not worthy, a sad state of ......
i had thunk for a spell that a man sin boat would be a good idea...but ...... eeps, is scary.

i am still open to a worthy male without a boat, rare as hens teeth, actually, kinda like needle in a haystack, or a single sailing female with own boat...lol

so i will listen to mark knopfler and mess around with my boats.... he sings the best waterman songs, including singlehanded sailor.....trawlermans song.....and more....and his guitar work is inimitable.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zeehag; 04-14-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-14-2014
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough

Zee, I would sing to you, play music for you (that's what I do for a living) I'm a great cook, I scrub, clean, do dishes, do the laundry, catch and clean fish, can stand watches, all the good stuff, but alas, I've been married all my life - I'm sure I was born married because I cannot remember when I wasn't.

I've met a lot of the ladies on this forum, all have been very, very nice, I've sailed with Captain Melissa, we had lots of fun together in the Florida Keys, and she introduced me to three other charming, sailing ladies while I was there. I've met Donna, Sherry, Christine, and many other ladies, and by and large, they're all married too. Good sailors, and would love to have them in my crew anytime they wish.

Zee, I would love to fly down to Mexico and go sailing with you, no strings attached, but my loving spouse of 51 years would put a bullet in me (She's a good shot with a rifle and handgun.)

Now, in 2015, if any of you sailing ladies that don't currently own a boat want to sail from the Chesapeake's upper reaches down to Marathon, Key West, Dry Tortugas and maybe the Bahamas, no strings attached, this dirty old man would love to have you along. The boat is very large inside, all the amenities, you get your own bunk, and the planned departure date is October 1st 2015.

Think about it,

Gary
zeehag likes this.

Last edited by travlineasy; 04-14-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2014

Capt Len is on a distinguished road

Good Luck Gary, Remember advice from an expert, If ya got it, flaunt it. Zee, my earlier advice was meant for the trolling ladies, just in case you misread it.
Old 04-16-2014

faiaoaehe is on a distinguished road

Zee..I have to agree about mark knopfler...great song...and alot else youve said here...re: men and bandwidth for that matter...frustrating....but i might have that solved for me. After years with no laptop on boat....i finally got my house bank upgraded to run it....new panel and all...and the thing dies on me...so now its smartphone....little keyboard and alot less draw than laptop...i could get used to this...not sure if theres an analogy there.....just could not help but reply to this thread though....tis all tongue in cheek...cheers all

zeehag likes this.
Old 04-16-2014

BEWARE those smartass fones..they are addictive...lol i found a samsung fame android 4 here in barra fro 150 usd plus data..lol...already dropped into the cat water dish, and have picked out my next one....lol sick.

right now i am doing a 5 hour marathon of mark knopfler just to do it....and because i can.

Old 04-16-2014

Ouch....i know people with boxes of splashed phones,...i have only lost one...
Saved my bag....before i splashed...
But my cell was in my jacket pocket,.....i keep a cheap phone to use in dink ..

This smart phone was a gift...and i am so hooked now would hate to lose it,.
Web and music....and you know...lol oh well the cheap repairs thread got me fired up to work on my boat more..
.actually got stuff done ...yesterday,..
Oh well...its all good,...cheers

zeehag likes this.
Old 04-16-2014

i have FINALLY vacuumed enough of my main saloon to be able to dance my housework, post anchoring..lol.......bludi cat sheds occasionally.....

only thing i lost when it splashed was headset function...lol...

Old 04-16-2014

On reflection i guess ive lost three phones....but not ads a result of 3 splashes..only one in the water...two other times just water in the dink... i know there is a reason i carry a cheap phone..in the dink... the tide runs through here like a train...

zeehag likes this.
Old 04-17-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
This thread could a be a lot of fun. I tired the online dating thing and it didn't work, did the racing scene...NOPE; tried to turn land lubbers in to sailors not! Then I said **** it it i'm going solo. Just yesterday the cutest little girl came sailing solo into my bay and yup SINGLE If you want to find a sailing girl, the kind with no debt, obligations or ties to the so called American dream the only place to find her is out there. You have heard the saying If you build it they will come. If you want that one in a million girl or boy for you girls, do your thing and they will show up with a big smile and an appetite for adventure. Now to lure her into my cockpit . Cheers you old lonely dogs.

Sounds like fate! Now, I hate to be shallow here, but we REALLY need pictures.... OF THE BOAT! C'mon don't leave us hanging with the details? One mast or two? heavy displacement? Rounded bilges?

I had something similar happen once. I was living aboard my funky one-off wooden boat on the bottom margins of the income scale when coming into Victoria harbor on a friend's boat I see a tall, athletic, siren of a sailor single-handing her 25ft copper sheathed funky wooden boat. She had just sailed across the straits of Juan de Fuca and as fate would have it, she pulled into the customs dock, just as we were doing the same. I felt obliged to help my friend tie up the boat and such, but he just looked at me and said, "Don't worry about me. Go get her!"

I'm sure you're all imagining the happy ending that follows this story. Well, there is a happy ending, and I have a wonderful wife as crew, but this particular siren wasn't her. Why? Well, there was one little detail....

As a fellow funky wooden boat live aboard living on a shoestring, I thought that was something we had in common and could bond over. But..... I had arrived on my friend's boat. My friend's boat was a 2 million dollar 67ft mega yacht. It's pretty hard to convince the girl that I'm a funky wooden boat guy while standing next to the S.S. Money. Oh well, she might still be saililng around in the Puget Sound. Maybe barefoot can find her.

As for dating websites, I'm a fan! I met my wife on Match.com. I think one of the keys to success on these websites is to really put yourself out there, warts and all. Most people try and sound generic to cast a wide net, and then are unhappy with what they caught. What's great about these sites is that thousands of potential prospects are viewing them. So tell the world what really makes you unique and maybe it'll strike a chord with someone else who is your kind of unique.

MedSailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.