SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

im sure the odds of finding a women to date on here is, 1 ina mill

24K views 88 replies 32 participants last post by  rckfd 
#1 · (Edited)
yea just noticed the "companionship" thread, and for some reason, i had to laugh because we sailors are lonely ol sea dogs, and the odds of finding fm companionship here is prob 1 in 10, million, but a dating site for sailors, would b a good idea, because we are not normal, and lubbers, have nooo idea how to deal with us!

#60 ·
Well, I didn't meet my current wife (my second, my wife's third husband) on the internet, but as someone stated, you may find the love of your life and a sailor too when you least expect it...My story:

I dated my current wife briefly when she was a senior in high school and I was a 20 year old home on leave after Army basic training (no not the WW2, Viet Nam). We both went to the same high school, I knew of her but hey I was a senior and she was a freshman (or is it freshwoman).

Any how, I was divorced for about nine years and she for several, and we ran into each other in the supermarket, after not seeing each other for over 20 years. I had just bought my first sailboat a year before. Were married a couple of years later, bought another boat soon thereafter; had that one for 13 years. Now the kicker: a couple of years ago she comes to the dinner table with a Latitude 38 mag and says " honey I just found our next boat". What are the odds of that happening? So now two years into the "next boat" here we are. The lesson: keep your eyes and ears open, your mouth shut most of the time, and you never know where and when opportunity will present itself.

#68 ·
Lol too funny. I just stumbled on the thread. "im sure the odds of finding a woman to date on here is, 1ina million". Are you freaking serious? Maybe it is the Christmas season kicking in but first you have to be a moron to attempt to use this site (or any other site for that matter) to find dating material? WTF are you thinking? For one if you think the odds are 1 to 1,000,0000 then why are you wasting your time here? Any self respecting woman will see a loser if you have an attitude like this not to mention just using this site for dating. Get out and see the world with little or no expectations and things will work out better. Just my opinion.

#69 ·
OP has not been here for >8 months, so your little tirade may come to him as an unexpected "Christmas surprise."

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but your style is a little abrasive. Have some egg nog and enjoy the holidays.

By the way, despite what you or I may think of the futility of using this site to find companionship, the title of the subforum in which this thread is posted is "Looking for Companionship." So the Sailnet administrators may have other ideas of the many appropriate uses for this site.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

#77 ·
Ah, the line of a well trimmed, beautifully cut jib with the right curves at the right places does deserve a photo but that could trigger an annoying flood of message. A specialized website could be more appropriatre to that purpose.
I would not venture to guess other reasons for the absence of a potentialy eyes pleasing photo as assumptions could easily lead to foolishness.:eek::eek:

#85 ·
definitely NOT seeking a companion and assistant in crime, as it were...refitting an d cruising a solid ketch.
dont want to advertise as too many bottom feeders out there in wannacruisesailingland seek free ride.
this i snot a cruise ship, nor a task free lifestyle.
i do seek a complete loon, tho none with extra voices telling to keel me-- btdt, not with a drinking issue....25 before 10 am is a lil extreeeme.
must have financial independence of some sort, as i AINT supportin yer ass, royal or otherwise....
must enjoy boat work, and watching improvements happen, even poco a poco.
must love inexpensive local foods
if bubba says no--you go.....
plank walking and keel hauling extra
:sailing-pilgrims:

Attachments

#86 ·
You know i came back to New England I figured the refit would be so much easier. Meet a girl on the docks enjoy watching the snow come down snuggled by the fire coco. Well, there's an inch of ice on everything girls don't see any of the romance of the sea like the Cruise ship babes looking for adventure .
Now I've read this string looks like 2 years going and watched this movie with Robert Redford about sailing (by the way that ass should have died)and I wonder why I came back? I know nobodies getting laid on or from this site!
And you know I think I might be scared of the Zeehag chick and oddly attracted to her.
Are you ever going to get that refit done?

Attachments

#88 · (Edited)
ha haa haaa refit in progress as we laze thru coffee...... prepping to go to mazatlan, 300 mi north and east to keep her in slip for 2 yrs refitting...just gotta get there
something about 3000 miles on a ketch that was not ready to leave in first place..lol i know what this boat needs now, so it is time to refit as i see fit....
bubba sez gizmo cute

Attachments

#89 ·
You know that cat jumps up on my lap does a circle lays down and takes one lick on the back of my hand.

I often wonder is that affection or testing for ripeness? But then again when it comes down to it isn't that why we take cats to sea.

Sorta like always dive with someone that fins slower than you.

Just incase.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.