Trouble being a dude looking for a girl? Try being a dude looking for a dude... - SailNet Community
Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 04-27-2015 Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to markarsenal
Trouble being a dude looking for a girl? Try being a dude looking for a dude...

I'm fairly new to sailing so I can work on being better at the craft so as to attract the maybe 3 homo dudes who might be into sailing north of the 49th.

But thought I'd put it out there anyway.

Guys who find it fun to see what modcons they can do without. Who like the idea of living in remote communities. Who think not shaving or cutting their hair for 4-5 years is not weird or annoying. And who can still hold a conversation about the recent political intrigue in Quebec, Brussels and Nuuk; and know the last 10 transactions in their bank or financial accounts and in which direction it moved their wealth... And preferably a guy born in EEA-Europe.

Oh, and you dig 40s pop music and hiking in full canopy evergreen forests.

Easy, eh? Long shot, but hey why not try...
tdw, bljones and bacinmass like this.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 04-27-2015
O'day 26

Re: Trouble being a dude looking for a girl? Try being a dude looking for a dude...

Lol, enjoyed the post, wishing you luck. Hang in there, have fun with your boat
Blackwatch likes this.

Joe
O'day 26

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 31 Old 04-27-2015
just ducky

Re: Trouble being a dude looking for a girl? Try being a dude looking for a dude...

Probably better luck looking on a "Dude looking for a Dude" site who also likes sailing than looking on a sailing site for a dude.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
post #4 of 31 Old 04-27-2015
Bill SV Rangatira

Send a message via Skype™ to Bill-Rangatira

not sure if you are looking for dates who sail or just other gay sailors to sail with
i am a gay sailor been a sailor longer than gay but i am married and NOT looking
and there are more of us than you might think
good luck in your search
CalebD likes this.

post #5 of 31 Old 04-27-2015

WHY NOT CALL BRUCE! .........Dale

Reluctant Lady
Cal 28, 1967
Lake Superior
Where God got it done!
post #6 of 31 Old 04-27-2015
Old enough to know better

Oh no, I agree with Don! I don't think that you are likely to have luck looking for a date on a non dating site, no matter whom you are looking for. Folks come here to talk about sailing, not dating. Personally seems to me that offering sailing as a date opportunity might go over well on any dating site(gay or straight). Granted it offers little ability for either to get out of the date if it does not go well. If they are not sailors they may not notice your lack of sailing experience, other lack of experience you are on your own to prove! :-)

But I certainly think we have room for gay sailors as well as straight, so feel free to hang out and discuss sailing to your hearts content. You just may not get your heart satisfied here!
post #7 of 31 Old 04-27-2015
Not Finished Yet

I thought you might have a shot until you mentioned the 40s pop music.

Pacific Seacraft 34 #142

post #8 of 31 Old 04-27-2015
tdw
Super Fuzzy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDog View Post
I thought you might have a shot until you mentioned the 40s pop music.
Yep ... that's what stood out for me as well. I didn't even know they had "pop" music in the 40s. I guess we are talking the likes of the Andrews Sisters, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra ? Wasn't just the war that was awful about that era.

Andrew B

“Life is a trick, and you get one chance to learn it.”
― Terry Pratchett, Nation

Malo 39 Classic
post #9 of 31 Old 04-27-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
I didn't even know they had "pop" music in the 40s.
Sure they did. It's the music my pop listens to.
MedSailor and markarsenal like this.

----------
I learned a long time ago that reality was much weirder than anyone's imagination.
- Hunter S. Thompson
post #10 of 31 Old 04-27-2015
arrgh!

Dock

I not sure if this is possible. I feel sorry for you.. not as sorry as I feel for myself

It seems that If you assume that 1 in 10 men are gay.. there has to be more gay men in sailing than women... just because of the number of men to women in the sport.

In general the older you get it isn't as much about numbers as it is what most people are looking for.... For example, if you are in your 50's you aren't hanging out in bars and if you are, assume there are less women. I have to assume if you went to gay bars.. Or more to the point, my guess if you went to a regatta there aren't a lot of 50 year old women looking for me... or gay men looking other gay men

Vector X Y

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.