Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Looking for Companionship...
 Not a Member? 

Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2013
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: Want Mature Cook/Crew/Friend Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
Just for the record, the moderators have taken a look at this thread. As a group we believe that Jollycruiser's crew search, even if it is gender specific, appears to be consistent with the reason that SailNet has a 'Crew Wanted' forum. Personnally, I admire Jollycruiser's continued interest in cruising as a self-described "senior skipper".
Jeff
Wow... I have been away.

Well..... Jeff has spoken. It is final and case closes It is their house and their rules. It is perfectly fine with me. I don't like it, but there are plenty of things I don't like. One more does not kill me. I adapt and go around it.

My experience in the last few years, the crewing opportunities posted in Sailnet has significantly reduced. I found other sites provide much better networking opportunity without any burden of the good old boys club and secret handshake BS. Sailnet or any other Internet sailing sites, shold not be treated as the way of life. It is just a tool; I use each one of them wisely.
Let's go sailing, shall we?

Oh yeah, with Jeff's blessing. I guess this is perfectly OK. Let test the water.

I am looking for a live person who is easy on the eyes, wears a pencil skirt and hoses, likes to cook, does dishes, loves to clean, gives good massage, and has her own money to join me and sail from Cayman Island to Philippine. No sailing experience is needed. Send me a PM with a full body peek-ture. Oh pls no nude

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-30-2013

debbiedragonfly is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Want Mature Cook/Crew/Friend Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
After all these years on Sailnet, this is really over the top.

Take your personal want ad to Harmony dot com or Craigslist. Anything is better than sailnet. I hate to see Sailnet degenerates to a Dating Site.

Oh well, may be I am just too old for the new generations - any thing goes.
Ya know rockDAWG... I may be new here and over stepping my bounds.. but from my angle (and I'm sure I don't speak for everyone) your posts seem to always be bashing others, and giving "unsolicited" advice...you're like a shark cruising for the weak and the vulnerable. didn't your mother teach you, if you can't say something nice... keep it to yourself. Give the guy a break... he's only being honest and saying what most of you "single" guys are too chicken **** to say out loud. and this is coming from a woman.. he's not offending me.

Besides... who died and made you God of the forums... get a life man... maybe you should head out to sea. OH and considering the pic on your profile is a poor little girl stuck in a toilet... I hardly think you're one to judge good taste.

Last edited by debbiedragonfly; 05-30-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: grammor error
The Following User Says Thank You to debbiedragonfly For This Useful Post:
Resolute_ZS (05-30-2013)
Old 05-30-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Wow... I have been away.

Well..... Jeff has spoken. It is final and case closes It is their house and their rules. It is perfectly fine with me. I don't like it, but there are plenty of things I don't like. One more does not kill me. I adapt and go around it.

My experience in the last few years, the crewing opportunities posted in Sailnet has significantly reduced. I found other sites provide much better networking opportunity without any burden of the good old boys club and secret handshake BS. Sailnet or any other Internet sailing sites, shold not be treated as the way of life. It is just a tool; I use each one of them wisely.
Let's go sailing, shall we?

Oh yeah, with Jeff's blessing. I guess this is perfectly OK. Let test the water.

I am looking for a live person who is easy on the eyes, wears a pencil skirt and hoses, likes to cook, does dishes, loves to clean, gives good massage, and has her own money to join me and sail from Cayman Island to Philippine. No sailing experience is needed. Send me a PM with a full body peek-ture. Oh pls no nude
I thought you were married?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 05-30-2013

night0wl is on a distinguished road

Where's my popcorn...this thread is going to 10 pages

I, for one, hope jollycruiser writes a book about his adventures!
Old 05-30-2013
Captain Obvious

Sal Paradise is on a distinguished road

bobsaxet likes this.
Old 05-30-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

One single post from an unknown new member. No one knows if its for real, if the resume is for real, if the pic is for real, if the intentions are for real, but the reaction is always priceless.

Personal ads are nothing knew in this universe. What continues to surprise me are those that reply and they do. The ad requests personal details and contact info, but provides none on themselves. I will venture to say that for every legit request like this, there are a thousand identity thieves taking a whack at it.

Beware.
jameswilson29 likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 05-30-2013
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough

There are allot of lonely people in the world. To make light of anyone seeking any kind of companionship or more, is a form of cruelty. Many people that are married and or in LTR's may have forgotten what it's like to be alone, lonely and even isolated. Reasons for such loneliness car range from heartbreak, physical or mental differences and maybe dozens of other reasons. It's tough out there!

my current "project"!
The Following User Says Thank You to deniseO30 For This Useful Post:
lowtide (06-29-2013)
Old 05-30-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
+1 correct if posted with caution I agree

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Old 05-30-2013
Call me Ishmael

blowinstink is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
Plus, the OP is looking for a mature woman, not the usual suspects' request for a mid-20s, lithe, tan, blonde, supple, mute female contortionist, who is openmided, adventurous and free wheeling, on top of being a good cook, maid and sailor, capable of hoisting a 200 lb. anchor.
Its a slippery slope . . . or at least I'd like to think so
Old 05-30-2013
s/v Tiger Lily

dvuyxx is on a distinguished road

Geesh. One thing is clear from this thread. Jollycruiser hasn't posted since on Sailnet. May never again. Excellent work!

Sailing isn't always easy on a variety of levels. It's easier in the company and wisdom of others. If Jollycruiser is legitimate, he just had a pretty bad SN intro.
chef2sail and nccouple like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvuyxx For This Useful Post:
deniseO30 (05-30-2013), nccouple (06-29-2013)

Tags
crew , cwant cook , friend