SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Want Mature Cook/Crew/Friend Lady

22K views 70 replies 43 participants last post by  Capt Len 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello there
I am looking for a mature cook/crew /friend lady
In summer I sail Pac NW and spend some time in Vancouver in my apartment and some time cruising
Desolation Sound and Gulf Islands in my Peterson 35 boat
In Fall I visit my condo in Ft Myers FL
In winter I cruise Caribbean Isles in my Benetau 43 like 1.Trinidad 2.Grenada 3.Carricou 4.Canouan 5.Tobago Cays,6.Bequia 7. St Vincent 8.St Lucia,9.Martinique, 10Saints.11. Guadelupe 12 Nevis
13. St Kitts 14.St Martin 15.Virgins, subject to favorable winds
My wife died.,&for the last 8 years I sailed with a good crew.cook.friend lady
but she recently turned 60 and decided to retire on land in Domenica
but I want to keep on sailing /cruising
it keeps me in good shape and i enjoy it
so I look for a mature cook /crew/friend lady that likes my lifestyle
I am a senior skipper w 40000 bluewater miles,
In between I am writing a book ,
I look for , Enthusiastic, good-natured, sense humour, but definitely No alcoholics .No smokers, No drugs. Ok light occasional drinker, ( Prefer some boating experience , but no experience ok if willing to learn), Pl state details, availability, email, phone,. Let’s exchange refs , and jpg pict. and email

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
After all these years on Sailnet, this is really over the top. :mad:

Take your personal want ad to Harmony dot com or Craigslist. Anything is better than sailnet. I hate to see Sailnet degenerates to a Dating Site.

Oh well, may be I am just too old for the new generations - any thing goes.

#5 ·
After all these years on Sailnet, this is really over the top. :mad:

Take your personal want ad to Harmony dot com or Craigslist. Anything is better than sailnet. I hate to see Sailnet degenerates to a Dating Site.

Oh well, may be I am just too old for the new generations - any thing goes.
If the picture jollycruiser attached in his post is of himself, I don't think he qualifies as a member of a "new generation". Although he appears to be young at heart.

#4 ·
rockDAWG, I do believe this is a sailing oriented forum. There's even a section titled "Crew Wanted" and this gentleman found it. His first post ended up in the right place, and it's better than a lot of other first posts. I don't think he deserves to be told off like you just did.

jollycruiser, not all of us are of the same personality as rockDAWG. We're quite a friendly forum (for the most part). I hope you're able to find someone to share your interests with.

#6 ·
You certainly entitle your opinion. Unless Sailnet has changed to become a dating site. This type of personal ad is inappropriate and will dilute the genuine crew wanted notices on the site.

If you search the old posts, this type ad never ends well. There are plenty of personal sites for the OP to use. Why here, keep it clean and use it for promoting sailing.

:mad:

#8 ·
Just for the record, the moderators have taken a look at this thread. As a group we believe that Jollycruiser's crew search, even if it is gender specific, appears to be consistent with the reason that SailNet has a 'Crew Wanted' forum. Personnally, I admire Jollycruiser's continued interest in cruising as a self-described "senior skipper".

Jeff

#13 ·
Just for the record, the moderators have taken a look at this thread. As a group we believe that Jollycruiser's crew search, even if it is gender specific, appears to be consistent with the reason that SailNet has a 'Crew Wanted' forum. Personnally, I admire Jollycruiser's continued interest in cruising as a self-described "senior skipper".

Jeff
Where's my damn "LIKE" button when I need it:):)

This post has been deleted
#20 · (Edited)
hydraulic wench---ye mean bionic woman????? or an hydraulic wInch.....

never date any one with an hydraulic wEnch.

the guy is a tad too on the senior side for this senior lady.....and i am far from hydraulic...rodlmao....

spunk and inner youth make for a big plus, but ....

the ad was worded with respect--i dont see anything wrong there...points for spirit

#26 ·
One single post from an unknown new member. No one knows if its for real, if the resume is for real, if the pic is for real, if the intentions are for real, but the reaction is always priceless.

Personal ads are nothing knew in this universe. What continues to surprise me are those that reply and they do. The ad requests personal details and contact info, but provides none on themselves. I will venture to say that for every legit request like this, there are a thousand identity thieves taking a whack at it.

Beware.

#27 ·
There are allot of lonely people in the world. To make light of anyone seeking any kind of companionship or more, is a form of cruelty. Many people that are married and or in LTR's may have forgotten what it's like to be alone, lonely and even isolated. Reasons for such loneliness car range from heartbreak, physical or mental differences and maybe dozens of other reasons. It's tough out there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.