SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Mac 22 vs. Venture 22

10K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me the difference between a MacGregor 22 and a Macgregor/Venture 22? I want to get a genoa for my Mac 22, but can't find the spec's. The Venture 22 spec's are available. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
The Venture is the name Roger MacGregor used before he decided to use his name on a successful boat. The original design was a project in college. He eventually knew he had something good and put his own name on it.
Are there any differences? There have been many changes over the years to different parts of the boat. I don't know what changes were made in sails, if any. I do know that you can go to different sail makers and get different measurements which tells me that changes were made to something. Perhaps, they were modifications by owners. Best way to order sails is with your own measurements. Call your sailmaker for this advice.
Stan C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.