Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > MacGregor
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2006
chester

csuter is on a distinguished road
Please sell me a Macgregor!

I am hoping to import a Macgregor 26M to Australia. I have contacted a couple of dealers by email but nobody seems interested in replying. I would be saving a substantial amount of money buy importing my own compared to buying here. My friends are also keen to do the same so we could be purchasing 3 or 4 in the next 12 months.

I have organised transport (ex L.A.), insurance, a broker, etc so all i need is for someone to sell me one.

I do have one question: Does the Mac 26 fit into a standard 40ft shipping container. I have read that it does, however, a shipping container is 2.35metres wide and the Mac's beam 2.36 metres. Is this correct? I would hate to buy one and then find out that it does not fit.

I know that the warranty would not be valid if i take a Mac out of the US. Any comments, ideas etc would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
Chester
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2007

safiera is on a distinguished road
The factory specifically makes them so they can be shipped in the 40 ft container. I suggest you talk to them about direct sales and shipping.
Old 07-03-2007
Badger Sailor

MSN2Travelers is on a distinguished road
Mac Down Under ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuter
I am hoping to import a Macgregor 26M to Australia. I have contacted a couple of dealers by email but nobody seems interested in replying. I would be saving a substantial amount of money buy importing my own compared to buying here. My friends are also keen to do the same so we could be purchasing 3 or 4 in the next 12 months.

I have organised transport (ex L.A.), insurance, a broker, etc so all i need is for someone to sell me one.

I do have one question: Does the Mac 26 fit into a standard 40ft shipping container. I have read that it does, however, a shipping container is 2.35metres wide and the Mac's beam 2.36 metres. Is this correct? I would hate to buy one and then find out that it does not fit.

I know that the warranty would not be valid if i take a Mac out of the US. Any comments, ideas etc would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,
Chester
Chester,

Why don't you check out this site: MacGregor Sailors Pages

One or more of the active posters is an Ausie and just completed the whole purchase & shipment process. There were a number of threads devoted to just that process.

Paul
2006 26M
Old 11-15-2007
Montgomery 17

Perithead is on a distinguished road
I have a 1983 mac 25 for sale that has just had it's cabin remodeled and redone nad alot of other good stuff if you are interested. I know its not the 26 but its 6k in Alabama near the coast. If you are intersted there are alot of other new things and I have many pics.
Old 11-15-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Theres a Mac Power Sailer in my Yacht club yard. hasn't moved in 5 yrs LOL. ck out Macs4reefs.com? (just kidding!) don't get mad please!

I actually like the 26, and how it sits on it's trailer. the one I liked had wheel steering too.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-15-2007

nolatom will become famous soon enough
I've tried to bite my tongue, but failed, may God forgive me.

A Mac 26? It's not a powerboat, and not a sailboat.

I'll stop now, I've said too much already...
Old 11-16-2007
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
I don't know what model the power sailer is Tom it just sits.. and sits.. year after year. The 26 I liked may have been a 25, but that was a sailing model, real low on the trailer, with centerboard up it looked real beachable and trailerable. Sorry, I didn't Mean to come off rude I'm sure there are lots of Odays4reefs too!

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-25-2007
Montgomery 17

Perithead is on a distinguished road
Yeah, my 25 sits low on the trailer and it doesnt have a certerboard but it has a swing keel. It is easily beachable just as long as the tide isnt going out soon!
Old 11-29-2007

naubri is on a distinguished road
if your interested i have a 26 mac 1996 x for sale with the trailer and ican tell you youcan beach that boat ,trailered almost any where
Old 08-09-2008

kgmcgrath is on a distinguished road
Container

I had read previousltythat two will fit into a shipping container.