Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > MacGregor
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2009
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
No doubt, mine's missing...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-22-2009

txcactus is on a distinguished road
Mike, I just bought a Macgregor 22 also, but an '85. I am working now on the trailer and would like to see some pictures of it if possible. I think one of the previous owners did some modifications and I would like to compare mine with yours. I am mostly interested in the bunks. How long are they? Normal 8' 2x6? From what I can see through the grass, you may have a similar problem. The boat sits against the wheel well and rubs. I can send you pictures if you send me your e-mail (I haven't posted 5 times yet and they won't let you post pictures until you have posted 5 times). jchalk at rgv dot rr dot com
Old 08-22-2009

badsanta is on a distinguished road
Dont forget to get a replacement title to boat and trailer, you dont want to fix it up and have the owner claim it.
Old 08-23-2009

MikeLatiolais is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsanta View Post
Dont forget to get a replacement title to boat and trailer, you dont want to fix it up and have the owner claim it.
I called up the Kansas Department of Parks and told them the situation before I dropped a penny. Since Kansas doesn't title boats(bill of sale only), the moment the de facto owner signed the BOS, the boat was mine. The registration paperwork will be heading to them on Monday.
Old 08-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcactus View Post
Mike, I just bought a Macgregor 22 also, but an '85. I am working now on the trailer and would like to see some pictures of it if possible. I think one of the previous owners did some modifications and I would like to compare mine with yours. I am mostly interested in the bunks. How long are they? Normal 8' 2x6? From what I can see through the grass, you may have a similar problem. The boat sits against the wheel well and rubs. I can send you pictures if you send me your e-mail (I haven't posted 5 times yet and they won't let you post pictures until you have posted 5 times). jchalk at rgv dot rr dot com
I'll snap a couple of pics within the next few days. But I can tell you that mine isn't riding on the wheel wells at all.
Old 08-23-2009

Update

I started scrubbing the spots of tree moss off of the boat today. A couple of hours and some Comet and it's almost done. I set my three pirate minions to washing the sides of the hull while I worked on the deck. It's looking 100% better already.
Old 08-23-2009

night0wl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLatiolais View Post
I started scrubbing the spots of tree moss off of the boat today. A couple of hours and some Comet and it's almost done. I set my three pirate minions to washing the sides of the hull while I worked on the deck. It's looking 100% better already.
Must see pics
Old 08-23-2009

FLYINGCIRCUS is on a distinguished road
Recommend you get the bill of sail notorized immediatly. Some states make it ruff to register without one. Have you sited the HIN- hull identificaiton number you will need this also. Nice find, good luck
Old 08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGCIRCUS View Post
Recommend you get the bill of sail notorized immediatly. Some states make it ruff to register without one. Have you sited the HIN- hull identificaiton number you will need this also. Nice find, good luck
Kansas doesn't require notarized bills of sale, even on titled vehicles like cars.
Old 08-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcactus View Post
Here are a couple of photos of the trailer. Thank you, as I have realized that the boat rests on the port side trailer frame(though not the wheel wells.

I'm going to rebuild the bunks to add more support and hold it a few inches higher.