Dragging a MacGregor 22 out of the weeds - Page 2 - SailNet Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 Old 08-22-2009
On the hard
 
CharlieCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bellingham, WA.
Posts: 3,503
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 11
   
No doubt, mine's missing...
CharlieCobra is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 35 Old 08-22-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Mike, I just bought a Macgregor 22 also, but an '85. I am working now on the trailer and would like to see some pictures of it if possible. I think one of the previous owners did some modifications and I would like to compare mine with yours. I am mostly interested in the bunks. How long are they? Normal 8' 2x6? From what I can see through the grass, you may have a similar problem. The boat sits against the wheel well and rubs. I can send you pictures if you send me your e-mail (I haven't posted 5 times yet and they won't let you post pictures until you have posted 5 times). jchalk at rgv dot rr dot com
txcactus is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #13 of 35 Old 08-22-2009
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 725
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
 
Dont forget to get a replacement title to boat and trailer, you dont want to fix it up and have the owner claim it.

That derelict boat was another dream for somebody else, don't let it be your nightmare and a waste of your life.
badsanta is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #14 of 35 Old 08-23-2009 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsanta View Post
Dont forget to get a replacement title to boat and trailer, you dont want to fix it up and have the owner claim it.
I called up the Kansas Department of Parks and told them the situation before I dropped a penny. Since Kansas doesn't title boats(bill of sale only), the moment the de facto owner signed the BOS, the boat was mine. The registration paperwork will be heading to them on Monday.
MikeLatiolais is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #15 of 35 Old 08-23-2009 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcactus View Post
Mike, I just bought a Macgregor 22 also, but an '85. I am working now on the trailer and would like to see some pictures of it if possible. I think one of the previous owners did some modifications and I would like to compare mine with yours. I am mostly interested in the bunks. How long are they? Normal 8' 2x6? From what I can see through the grass, you may have a similar problem. The boat sits against the wheel well and rubs. I can send you pictures if you send me your e-mail (I haven't posted 5 times yet and they won't let you post pictures until you have posted 5 times). jchalk at rgv dot rr dot com
I'll snap a couple of pics within the next few days. But I can tell you that mine isn't riding on the wheel wells at all.
MikeLatiolais is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #16 of 35 Old 08-23-2009 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Update

I started scrubbing the spots of tree moss off of the boat today. A couple of hours and some Comet and it's almost done. I set my three pirate minions to washing the sides of the hull while I worked on the deck. It's looking 100% better already.
MikeLatiolais is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #17 of 35 Old 08-23-2009
Senior Member
 
night0wl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 1,455
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 10
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeLatiolais View Post
I started scrubbing the spots of tree moss off of the boat today. A couple of hours and some Comet and it's almost done. I set my three pirate minions to washing the sides of the hull while I worked on the deck. It's looking 100% better already.
Must see pics

S/V Jendai
Beneteau 343
night0wl is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #18 of 35 Old 08-23-2009
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Recommend you get the bill of sail notorized immediatly. Some states make it ruff to register without one. Have you sited the HIN- hull identificaiton number you will need this also. Nice find, good luck
FLYINGCIRCUS is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #19 of 35 Old 08-24-2009 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGCIRCUS View Post
Recommend you get the bill of sail notorized immediatly. Some states make it ruff to register without one. Have you sited the HIN- hull identificaiton number you will need this also. Nice find, good luck
Kansas doesn't require notarized bills of sale, even on titled vehicles like cars.
MikeLatiolais is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
post #20 of 35 Old 08-24-2009 Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by txcactus View Post
Mike, I just bought a Macgregor 22 also, but an '85. I am working now on the trailer and would like to see some pictures of it if possible. I think one of the previous owners did some modifications and I would like to compare mine with yours. I am mostly interested in the bunks. How long are they? Normal 8' 2x6? From what I can see through the grass, you may have a similar problem. The boat sits against the wheel well and rubs. I can send you pictures if you send me your e-mail (I haven't posted 5 times yet and they won't let you post pictures until you have posted 5 times). jchalk at rgv dot rr dot com
Here are a couple of photos of the trailer. Thank you, as I have realized that the boat rests on the port side trailer frame(though not the wheel wells.



I'm going to rebuild the bunks to add more support and hold it a few inches higher.
MikeLatiolais is offline  
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.


User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Millers Bay weeds could end sailboat plug program - Oshkosh Northwestern NewsReader News Feeds 0 08-27-2006 11:15 AM
Flossing for Weeds Dan Dickison Gear and Maintenance Articles 0 07-05-2001 08:00 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome