SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

where is everybody gone?

6K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  EdWarren 
#1 ·
does anybody follow this blog? where is everybody gone?

#6 ·
Sometimes Im the only one here...where have you been?

#16 ·
No kidding.... Can't wait for May 2010.

#15 ·
I loved my Mac....and I care not for but a few Irwin's either...But I could care less what you think of my current boat ...I think its the best one for us right now...Time may or may not change that attitude.

Bashing goes on...ignore it and jump in the fray..everyone has value to some extent rather your boat does to someone else is irelivent..:)...Thanks for being here!

#20 ·
I have an iPhone?

#22 ·
This reminds me of the Harley vs. Godwing debate.
I don't care what you ride as long as you are a true biker!In the same vain, I don't care what you sail as long as you are a true sailor willing to help others sail.

And yes, I now own a M26.. It's exactly what we need right now. I have owned other makes. We are land locked and need to travel.to dive sights. The M26 has plenty of room for gear, is easy to trailer and launch and can traverse shallow areas.

It fits our needs economicaly and we can enjoy sailing at the same time.

#27 ·
I'll let you in on a secret about sailnet:
Racers bash cruisers.
Saltwater sailors bash freshwater sailors.
Conservative old salts bash brash overconfident novices.
Monohullers bash multihullers.
Bulb keelers bash old shoe cobblers.
and vice versa.

Don't think you are special because you feel persecuted. EVERYONE BASHES EVERYONE ELSE.

If you can, and will, defend yourself and your boat against the verbal bashing that comes your way, then you have a boat you love, and the confidence to sail her. If you feel you have to leave because your feelings are getting hurt, maybe the problem isn't everyone else...

#28 ·
I'll let you in on a secret about sailnet:
Racers bash cruisers.
Saltwater sailors bash freshwater sailors.
Conservative old salts bash brash overconfident novices.
Monohullers bash multihullers.
Bulb keelers bash old shoe cobblers.
and vice versa.

Don't think you are special because you feel persecuted. EVERYONE BASHES EVERYONE ELSE.

If you can, and will, defend yourself and your boat against the verbal bashing that comes your way, then you have a boat you love, and the confidence to sail her. If you feel you have to leave because your feelings are getting hurt, maybe the problem isn't everyone else...
Don't listen to him, he's from Canada :D

#29 ·
Were are the MacGegors

Hi all
So to start whats wrong with us Canandians? eh..lol
Most of us are under a blanket of snow. Nanna, is still all tucked up under her tarp, cold, lonely and waiting for the warmer weather, I'm with her though.
S I would say some of us are just hibernating.

Anthony

#30 ·
Does anyone have a link to the "tiller to engine" steering system that was on the old Bob White site?

The one that used a pcv pipe and some hooks and I bolts as I remember.

#32 ·
2 years ago we won a Harley Dyna Wide glide, no cash payout, so we took the darn thing home, looked at it for 2 months, then sold it with 6 km on it. We like to think of it as winning our entire electronics package, and such.

#33 ·
maybe.. Although if your all here or thereabouts I could do with some sailing opinions.. I am having some issues with paperwork on my boat. It seems that the broker I bought her from did not give me the right paperwork and is now washing his hands from responsibility as is the association. The boat was bought in Fl for around $100k. The broker is a major Fl dealer. I bought the boat and was given a history of paperwork including Bills of Sale from new (virtually). I was intending to do major work on her and was advised (same broker)that as I was non us resident, I could keep her in the US without paying duty indefinetly as long as she was removed 20 days after the work finished. I have found out this is not true and have now paid sales tax and costs, plus registered her in Fl. On trying to sell her, the same brikerage advised that as i do not have a title document they cannot sell her in US. She was imported (I have proof) and duty paid by previous owner. I think I have cracked the title issue by using a document agency in Fort Lauderdale, but who should pay the cost of obtaining the title. I have been told by the doc agency as well as various other professionals that this is something I should have been given at the time of purchase.

This is obviously a condensed version of the full story. Can you provide opinion as to who should cough for the costs of paperwork corrections and as they are stome walling me, how to get the desired response if u agree that the brokerage should have furnished me with said title in the first place.

Your replies welcomed ;)

#34 ·
Off topic

You seemed to have fallen in a wrong thread for your question. You might try making a new post.

I would think you could contact the State of Florida about you purchase, if it was made through a licensed dealer / broker.

maybe.. Although if your all here or thereabouts I could do with some sailing opinions.. I am having some issues with paperwork on my boat. It seems that the broker I bought her from did not give me the right paperwork and is now washing his hands from responsibility as is the association. The boat was bought in Fl for around $100k. The broker is a major Fl dealer. I bought the boat and was given a history of paperwork including Bills of Sale from new (virtually). I was intending to do major work on her and was advised (same broker)that as I was non us resident, I could keep her in the US without paying duty indefinetly as long as she was removed 20 days after the work finished. I have found out this is not true and have now paid sales tax and costs, plus registered her in Fl. On trying to sell her, the same brikerage advised that as i do not have a title document they cannot sell her in US. She was imported (I have proof) and duty paid by previous owner. I think I have cracked the title issue by using a document agency in Fort Lauderdale, but who should pay the cost of obtaining the title. I have been told by the doc agency as well as various other professionals that this is something I should have been given at the time of purchase.

This is obviously a condensed version of the full story. Can you provide opinion as to who should cough for the costs of paperwork corrections and as they are stome walling me, how to get the desired response if u agree that the brokerage should have furnished me with said title in the first place.

Your replies welcomed ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.