SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

where is everybody gone?

6K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  EdWarren 
#1 ·
does anybody follow this blog? where is everybody gone?

#36 ·
If you really don't care what they say you should look into the metric crusiers.

I've witnessed/experienced the same attitudes about motorcycles. I bought my first Harley Davidson. My previous bikes were Japanese "rice burners". Now I supposedly own a "man's bike", though I bought an entry level HD, a Sporster, which some claim were designed for the female customer in mind (I don't care- it was priced right). So, now I get to tolerate those HD owners who "look down their noses" because they're riding $30K+ full dressers. I don't give a rat's ass. My wife and I enjoy riding it, so that's all that matters, though I am thinking of upgrading to a Wideglide for hopefully a more comfortable ride. :cool:

#37 ·
If you really don't care what they say you should look into the metric crusiers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "metric crusier", but I will probably test drive the wide glide before I buy one. My other alternative is to purchase a late model Kawasaski Concours w/ ABS (sport tourer).

My dad purchased his first bike at the age of 70- he bought one of those slick looking mopeds. I never thought I'd see it in my lifetime. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.