Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Mariner
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2013

R&R is on a distinguished road
Re: New Mariner 28 Owner

Hello, glad to hear from you.
I'm not sure how to decipher the number, but the hull ID # is MYN28024M78B. Any information that you have will be gladly accepted.

Thanks
Rich
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 06-18-2013

Location: Central New Jersey, sailing on the Navesink River and Sandy Hook Bay mostly.
lillia28 is on a distinguished road

Rich,
MYN- identifier for Mariner Yachts New Hampshire (now taken by a firm in Florida)
28xxx- 28 foot boat series
M78- Model year 1978, which began in August (?) 1977
B- month of production (Believe A was August. which makes B September )
Makes sense. Hull #1 was registered as a 1977. you are Hull 24. I was hull 58
MYN28058M78H I think mine was built in March (1978). Hull 1 is for sale in Tennessee.

I hope this helps.
Lou
The Following User Says Thank You to lillia28 For This Useful Post:
R&R (06-18-2013)
Old 06-18-2013

R&R is on a distinguished road

It does help, very kind of you to share. The previous owner of my Mariner made some modifications to the cabin interior. Most we're good, keeping a lot of the teak. He however, put vinyl flooring on the cabin ceiling and floor. While rather practical, not a look that I care for. I'm one of those guys, and my girl is one of those girls that prefer a more traditional look. Any chance that you have pictures of the interior of your Mariner? I would like to see the original lay out and get some ideas for the winter refit.

Rich & Rachelle
Old 06-19-2013

Location: Central New Jersey, sailing on the Navesink River and Sandy Hook Bay mostly.
lillia28 is on a distinguished road

Rich,
I do not have any decent pics of my cabin interior. I was redoing it, but didn't take any before pictures. Check on Yacht world or sailing texas. There are some "For Sale" pics that are decent. The headliner was a vinyl sheet held in place by teak or mahoghany battens. The material was sort of cream with a dark grey swirlly smoke pattern. It always looked to me like the mildew had gotten to the vinyl, but no that was the pattern. Drop me an email
lwi2858 (at) gmail. I may have a swatch of the vinyl, but I wouldn't advise trying to match it. You should check in at MYOG. There are a few folks who just got boats, and may be willing to take pictures. Also If you need lenses (most do) for the P & B stainless nav lights, I can get you a contact. My cabin had a teak and holley sole, and mahoghany panalling everywhere else. The windows had leaked and destroyed the mahoghany around the cabin trunk, and the sole had rotted;got the sole up and was planning on Lonseal for the replacement. My cabin was kind of dark due to the mahoghany, I was planning ultra suade for the cabin trunk around the windows. You can do all kinds of stuff with cork flooring, a light color with teak or mahoghany (depending on how they finished your cabin) battens could look nice, easy replacement and practicle, as its a noise insulation. "Traditional" is a funny thing. Teak was originally used because it was CHEAP. Real yachtsmen used cherry or walnut! The "herreschoff" look, with mostly white panels and dark trim is very practical, as it "lightens" the cabin, and looks nice. Look at a lot of boats, traditional gives you a lot of latitude!
lou
Old 06-23-2013

MHRitter is on a distinguished road

Did you get Peter Vehslage to send you an invitation to join the new Mariner Yacht Owners's group. If not send me a request at riversailor@gmail.com. Mariner Yachts
[/FONT]
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] [/FONT]show you how[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'].[/FONT]

Last edited by MHRitter; 06-23-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: remove sig

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.