SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Vendor recommendations requested

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  capttb 
#1 · (Edited)
Business is picking up and it looks like I won't have much time to work on my boat, so I need to get help for some of my winter projects. My 1992 Hunter Vision 32 is on the hard at Admiral's Hill in Chelsea, MA.

I need someone to replace the cutlass bearing, prop shaft, shaft seal & engine mounts. I also need someone to add a vented loop to the bilge discharge. Any recommendations for vendors would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Surveyor says...

"The bilge pump discharges through the starboard side hull in the midships area, and does not employ an anti-syphon valve to prevent backflow. There is a check valve, which may be used, but only for convenience and not as a primary means of preventing backflow or syphoning from overboard. It is recommended that a proper anti-syphon valve be installed as close to the deck as possible above the pump outlet."

The insurance company requires me to implement the surveyor's recommendations.

#4 ·
Surveyor says...

"The bilge pump discharges through the starboard side hull in the midships area, and does not employ an anti-syphon valve to prevent backflow. There is a check valve, which may be used, but only for convenience and not as a primary means of preventing backflow or syphoning from overboard. It is recommended that a proper anti-syphon valve be installed as close to the deck as possible above the pump outlet."

The insurance company requires me to implement the surveyor's recommendations.
That makes me wonder about that surveyor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.