Join Date: May 2005
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Bristol 27 for sale - brand new Doyle sails
1967 Bristol 27 "Harbour Duck" Lying Manchester
White with blue boot stripe, red bottom
Hull #177. This classic Carl Alberg designed full keel boat is very clean and has undergone no modifications from the original layout.
Other features include:
- New Doyle main sail (2007) two reefing points, loose footed, four batten
- New Doyle 150% genoa (2007) luff rope, white UV cover
- Yamaha 4 stroke 8 HP outboard (2003) professionally maintained every winter.
- Raymarine Bidata (2001) professionally installed
- Teak coachroof handrails (2003) professionally installed
- Primary bulkhead restored (2005) by Strouts Point Marine, Freeport ME
- Genoa sheets (2005)
- Davis Windex (2006)
- Main cabin portlight glass (2004)
- Ground tackle new (2004) Danforth anchor, 10í chain, 100+í of new nylon braided rode, marked for depth
- Bronze sink and head seacocks (2002)
Iíve taken very good care of this boat and have sailed thousands of miles on her, won races, cruised Maine, Cape Cod, etc Reluctant to let her go, but was just made an offer I canít refuse on another boat.
Review here: http://www.sailingmagazine.net/ubn_bristol27.html
- Furlex roller furler, never fails.
- Raritan PHII head with Y-valve to holding tank or overboard. Rebuilt 2005
- Clean, firm, attractive, high quality v-berth and cabin cushions, stored in dry attic over winters (c 1999)
- Bottom in excellent condition
- Solar panel on aft lazarette effectively and efficiently charges battery
- Hand pump galley sink
- Large freshwater tank
- Icebox with classic Alberg cockpit access
- Thrasher reaching sail
- Running and standing rigging all modern
- Magna Marine grill