Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > US Northeast > Mass Bay Sailors
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007

dolce06 is on a distinguished road
Moring in Provincetown

My wife and I will be leaving the Gloucester area for Ptown the last weekend of August, forecasts withstanding. Can any tell me what I'll find for rental moorings or public docking when we arrive. Any good books on New England ports for 30 foot sailboats etc??? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2007

7tiger7 is on a distinguished road
Hi,
not sure if you went this past weekend, or are going next weekend. The only two places I know of in Ptown are Flyer's Marina, and Provincetown Marina.
I snagged the last mooring available at Ptown Marina, for Labor Day weekend. Flyers might have something left - try both just in case. Ptown has longer launch service hours, and I think is a little deeper & more sheltered.
If you are in Ptown Labor Day weekend, hale me on 16 or 72 - I'm a blue hulled Catalina 27, "Southern Star", we are sailing from Boston to Ptown overnight this Thursday. PS - both moorings are about $45 a night.
Cheers

Provincetown Marina
508-487-0571

Flyer's Boat Rental
508-487-0898 x205
Old 09-05-2007

dolce06 is on a distinguished road
Mooring in Ptown

Thanks for the response; we left the previous Monday left Saturday a.m. of Labor Day. I ended up with Ptown Marina and they were great. Saturday the wind was north 18-20 and instead of beating back to Manchester I sailed to Duxbury, motored to Scituate and grabbed a mooring there off of Cedar Point YC. $35 a night, with launch, showers, and FREE coffee and newspaper in the morning. This was our first long cruise and we had a blast. Hope you had a great weekend.
Jeff
Old 05-28-2008

billbalme is on a distinguished road
Hi,

We're planning to head to PTown sometime this summer (through the canal from Mattapoisett) but prefer to anchor out if possible. Can you tell me if there's a decent anchorage in PTown? Is it possible to anchor inside the breakwater?

Bill
Crealock 37
Old 09-22-2008

Hooper is on a distinguished road
Good Anchoring in Provincetown Harbor

This may be a little too for your trip, but good FYI regarding anchoring. P'town has charted anchorage that is just eastward of the breakwater (favoring Truro side). Anchoring behind the breakwater is not allowed and is enforced during the summer. There is no protection from a SouWest - SouEast wind in this spot, so if you are done ashore and looking to get some good shuteye, you can always raise anchor and head over to the cove, inside the hook of Long point. This will be glass calm on a southerly wind. It is a very steep drop towards the point and pans out as you head west inside the hook towards Wood End Light. There are a few moorings there which you need to respect, but overall, I've found it's worth the effort for the scenic beauty and noise avoidance of town.
Old 12-16-2008

SOUNDBOUNDER is on a distinguished road
A CRUISING GUIDE TO THE NEW ENGLAND COAST by Duncan&Fenn is a great cruising guide with lots of this type of information. I find it much better than a lot of those "picture books" that are sold for $40 at marine stores.
The one drawback is that it is not updated annually. It seems to get revised about every 7 years or so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.